Sign in to follow this  
TEXASS

MH721 - Blade Depth and Force

I'm having trouble getting the blade and the force to come out to work in my benefit. Currently I have it working with the Force at 40  but I have been told you should really try to get the force to 100. I'm concerned though because the blade is just BARELY poking out of the tip of it and having it at 40 does a good job at not cutting all the way through vinyl and paper but here and there on small detail work it will cut all the way through the paper and mess up.  It seems that I can't get the blade to go in that much more so I'm wondering how I would be able to get the force up to 100. For all of you having it working, is the blade just BARELY poking out? I'm talking the tiniest tip poking out? (I feel like mine is already barely poking out but I could be wrong) Any other tips with this?

Thanks.

The force ranges have been changed with a firmware change - do NOT try to get up to a 100 if you are cutting good - you just have the different firmware in your cutter and the scale is different

Your issue on leaving small parts can be helped by adjusting the offset - do a search for offset on the forum for a wealth of information.  I tis also covered in Paco's new-bie guide under instructional contributions