Guest CaymanChris

2 month old Graphtec broke already? Help.

Guest CaymanChris

So I have a little problem and am looking for some help. I researched a lot of threads on these forums and bought my equipment based on the majority of opinions on here. I bought a Epson WF1100 from Richard with Cobra Ink, Graphtec Craft robo pro and a SunIe 16x20 heat press. Let me start by saying I live on Grand Cayman Island and there isn't anyone on island doing what I would call "attitude" shirts. I got all my equipment shipped and delivered and cleared customs...yadayadayada. Set it all up and started playing. About the time I get it figured out and am comfortable with different types of applications and all the fun stuff. My Graphtec Craft Robo craps out on me. It will not always let me control it from the keypad on the machine itself, when it turns on it will take 10 mins or more just to load up and start, but even when it does, it will not allow me to change from roll press1, rollpress2, or sheet? It is doing other weird things also like when it is on and just sitting there not doing anything, it will change screens on the lcd readout form the position screen to the conditions screen, sometimes in 3 sec intervals and sometimes it will be more sporadic shorter or longer times.....Anyway, It is going to cost me $700 to round trip FedEx it from Grand Cayman to the States and back to me here. What to do? Buy a new one, not a Graphtec, maybe a Roland? Send this one in and fix it, that seems dumb to me also. I am hoping someone else has had this happen or knows what it could be. Graphtec said they would sell me a new board for $300 but it still needs to be calibrated and that the Graphtec service would have to do that.

Any Ideas?

Chris

Customers routinely claim issues with this model and send them back only to have us find no issue with them. Have you called into tech support yet, you can call us or call Graphtec for support.

I would suggest doing this ASAP to get an affordable resolution...

Can tech support at Graphtec look in on your computer to see if they can figure out the problem?......I have done that with my plotter and (not Graphtec) and solved a few problems that way.....

Do a couple of things before call tech support.

Use a different electric outlet and/or a different power cable from the wall to the cutter.

Make sure your cutter is grounded, static can make wonders on circuit boards. You can hook a piece of wire from any screw on the body of the cutter to your stand if you have one, or to something close to it.

This might be pointless and absurd but sometimes is worth checking, specially in your case when you have to spend a lot of money to solve this issue.

Good luck  ;)

Try another USB cable, move things around, be gentle, but sometimes stuff get loose and doesn't get proper contact.

I learned all that when is was doing computer repair, the most stupid, simple and basic stuff is what gets oversaw all the time.

Several times I get to do house calls and the power strip switch was in the off position  ;)

Hope you get this solved soon.  ;)

I just tested what you mention, and yes, display "Load Media", down your rollers and roll2, roll1 and sheet appears.