Sign in to follow this  
tomcat17

Help with grouping

How to group objects in signblazer  

1. 1. How to group objects in signblazer

• Can you group in trial version?
    • How do you group in Signblazer

Can anyone help me out with grouping in Signblazer (trial mode)  I have a crossed checkered flag graphic and I want to put a name under it, there is a grouping option in signblazer but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I doing something wrong or is signblazer limiting me from doing this? Thank you

You can group in SignBlazer - just select everything you want to group together and click on the group icon (or click on arrange menu and then on group in the dropdown menu).  Is this what you tried?

-Mike

yes this is what i tried i select one item and go and slect another it will surround just that item it will say only one item selected even after i selected all item and go and hit group please help.  thanks everyone for all the support

Hi ,  :thumbsup:

Like Mars said you have to select EVERYTHING you want grouped together ( called Combine in SignBlazer ) . Click & drag whatever you want to the position you want them in & then left click the mouse & hold it .. then surround everything you want combined .  :thumbsup:

If you want to select the items one at a time -- are you holding down the shift while selecting the second, third,and so on items?  If you click on one then just click on another you are selecting the first one then when you click on the second without the shift key you de-select the first one and select the second one only.  Or do it like I do and click and drag a box to totally surround all the elements you want to group.

-Mike

ok guys thanks for all the help i select the to items the checkered flags and put my text under it it will say to objects selected i hit cutter i go to the cut screen the flags are showing up but no text.  thanks tom

Is your text a different color?  When you send to the cutter look at the list of colors on the list on the left.  To cut all colors you can hold shift and select the ones currently not selected -- does that do it for you?

-Mike

Just in case you don't know , when you " combine " things they become the same color & stay in the position they are "combined" in .

when you are on the cut screen on the left you will probably see some colors with a X on them. hold down CTRL and select all of them so the X is gone and you should see all of your design. The X is there so you can separate colors when cutting if you don't want the design to be all in one color.

When adding text to a graphic many times the colors will not be the same so signblazer separates them until you select for it to cut all colors at once.