Sign in to follow this  
odokie

I need help. cutter wont cut anymore??

All was working fine, and all of a sudden I am getting a message that reads: "Can not open the output device. Error initialtizing cutter." :crash:

Its like the cutter isnt connected, but it is, it is also online.

Hi

Has anything been changed in your settings? - cable kicked out?

If all is fine I would try a reboot and it may "reset" the com port

Bill

the connection on the cutter where the cable goes out to the computer is really loose, could it have a broken conection? 

Geez I hope not! There have been some mention of the connection coming loose on the board, you may have to remove the cover and take a look. Kenimes would be the the guy to

direct you after that though. If you have a different usb cable it might be good to try it and see if that helps.

Make sure you have the correct COM port selected in the software, especially if using the USB connection and you have unplugged it at one time or another. Just check your device manager under the Ports category to verify which COM port the USB Serial is on. Also make sure the Baud rates match.

Ken, all of that looks OK, can I give you a call and have you check things out?  I believe it might be the connection in the cutter, if so can that be replaced?  thanks!

Yes, it can be replaced if needed. Best if you PM me your number and I will try and reach you.

Ken,

That did the trick. I am up and running again. :you rock:

Have a happy and safe New Year.

Ken,

Can you tell us what part was the culprit so we can look for this solution if the problem happens to us?

Ken,

Can you tell us what part was the culprit so we can look for this solution if the problem happens to us?

If I remember correctly it was the USB port. Tiny little part, and very easy to replace. I think this one was wiggling a bit too much causing a loose connection.