Sign in to follow this  
silvertrx

pcut cutting problem

Just today everytime i cut a decal, where the blade either starts or ends the cut for each letter it leaves a random cut (one little line coming off each letter)

Any ideas?

if this is on small letters it is where the knife drops to start dragging to get the proper direction.  there are several threads on here about it - some have minimized it with changing the offset and never hurts to add that drop of light weight oil or graphite tot eh blade to aid in the free spinning

nope its on every size letters. i have had to set my offset at 0.50, anything else and the cuts are poor

what happens if u use wd40?

WD 40 does tend to gum things up in the long run - it has lots of kerosene in it

That sounds hi on the offset for pcut everyone else runs .25 I believe I do I know, your blade is not set to deep is it and maybe change to a 60 degree blade that cured alot of my problems good luck jhelms

will try a 60 degree blade.

if i se the offset and lower i get rounded corners and any higher i get spiked corners

Thanks

I run a 60 degree Clean Cut blade and don't have any issues at all. My offset is .23

It sounds like it could be the blade. hopefully changing out your blade will fix it.

If you call Ross at Clean Cut Blade let him know you heard about him on the forum for a discount. http://www.cleancutblade.com

i use cheap blades off ebay.

Hard to get blades in the uk

I emailed clean cut blades today but with me not being in the US it makes it difficult

I still use the Us cutter blade this last 1 knock on wood has been perfect Like them so no use in changing jhelms