Sign in to follow this  
tbenefi33

First Job Need A Price Qute

I got my first T-shirt job its 45 shirts one color what would yall normaly charge ? Here a pic it's simple design.

post-4634-12986555322756_thumb.jpg

post-4634-1298655533683_thumb.jpg

The best strategy would be to first figure out the cost for your materials and then what you would than want to add as profit costs. Please be advised I made this a bit lengthy because I don't know if this is a full time business, Hobby, or combination of both but it is all relelvant when calculate a price or a quote for a job.

Here's an example of what I have come up with so far.

1) Calculate the cost of materials:

** Do this per sheet/color of vinyl

(Take the total cost of the material)/(!by the number of yards it comes in) = Gives you the price per yard

(Take the price per yard) /3 (!3 feet in a yard) = Price Per foot

(Take the price per foot) / 12 (!12 inches in a foot) = Price per inch

(Take the price per inch) / (! by the number of inches wide the material is) = This will give you the price per square inch

Now that you have that information we can calculate the area of the job

Either print out or estimate the total size of the material

Multiple the Length times the width of the entire piece

(including even the parts removed for weeding & any excess that may have been left when cutting out the vinyl from the roll).

To do this: Multiple the Length X the width of each piece = Total Area of Vinyl (in square inches)

** Multiple the Total area of the vinyl X the price per square inch = Total cost of Vinyl **

If there were multiple colors you would add them together in your example I only see one

2) Calulate your labor

Remember that you are not just simply pricing for materials and profits, you also should be calculating for the labor you are doing.

The best way to do this is to do one shirt and take note as to how long it takes for you to complete one shirt from start to finish.

Then multiple that times the number of shirts you are making the quote for. This will give you the estimated total time it takes to do the job.

** I say estimated because it will never be finite as the more you do the faster you will get and in case you encounter any problems that you may not have when doing the test shirt. You will then have a larger time then the estimated one so some people add a buffer its totally up to you. **

(Total Estimated Time) X (Price of labor) = Total Cost of labor

** Easiest way would be to just do your states minimum wage as the price of labor or come up with your own price **

3) Calculate overhead costs

* Overhead is the price you pay no matter how many jobs you do a month *

- Typically overhead costs can be fixed (Consistant costs) or variable cost (changing as production changes)

- Utilities, Labor costs, Materials Used (are typically variable costs)

- Rent, Cable, Internet (are typically fixed costs)

** To calculate a variable cost:

(Price per unit) X (#of units used) = Total Cost

** Fixed Cost

- No calculations here just some food for thought

- These costs are going to have to be paid either straight out of the profits or in some type of calculation you make up your self.

4) Cost of shirts

Cost of shirts X #of shirts = Total Cost of shirts

Those are all thngs I would consider when placing a price on what you are doing or trying to estimate a quote for a job.

The best strategy would be to first figure out the cost for your materials and then what you would than want to add as profit costs. Please be advised I made this a bit lengthy because I don't know if this is a full time business, Hobby, or combination of both but it is all relelvant when calculate a price or a quote for a job.

Here's an example of what I have come up with so far.

1) Calculate the cost of materials:

** Do this per sheet/color of vinyl

(Take the total cost of the material)/(!by the number of yards it comes in) = Gives you the price per yard

(Take the price per yard) /3 (!3 feet in a yard) = Price Per foot

(Take the price per foot) / 12 (!12 inches in a foot) = Price per inch

(Take the price per inch) / (! by the number of inches wide the material is) = This will give you the price per square inch

Now that you have that information we can calculate the area of the job

Either print out or estimate the total size of the material

Multiple the Length times the width of the entire piece

(including even the parts removed for weeding & any excess that may have been left when cutting out the vinyl from the roll).

To do this: Multiple the Length X the width of each piece = Total Area of Vinyl (in square inches)

** Multiple the Total area of the vinyl X the price per square inch = Total cost of Vinyl **

If there were multiple colors you would add them together in your example I only see one

2) Calulate your labor

Remember that you are not just simply pricing for materials and profits, you also should be calculating for the labor you are doing.

The best way to do this is to do one shirt and take note as to how long it takes for you to complete one shirt from start to finish.

Then multiple that times the number of shirts you are making the quote for. This will give you the estimated total time it takes to do the job.

** I say estimated because it will never be finite as the more you do the faster you will get and in case you encounter any problems that you may not have when doing the test shirt. You will then have a larger time then the estimated one so some people add a buffer its totally up to you. **

(Total Estimated Time) X (Price of labor) = Total Cost of labor

** Easiest way would be to just do your states minimum wage as the price of labor or come up with your own price **

3) Calculate overhead costs

* Overhead is the price you pay no matter how many jobs you do a month *

- Typically overhead costs can be fixed (Consistant costs) or variable cost (changing as production changes)

- Utilities, Labor costs, Materials Used (are typically variable costs)

- Rent, Cable, Internet (are typically fixed costs)

** To calculate a variable cost:

(Price per unit) X (#of units used) = Total Cost

** Fixed Cost

- No calculations here just some food for thought

- These costs are going to have to be paid either straight out of the profits or in some type of calculation you make up your self.

4) Cost of shirts

Cost of shirts X #of shirts = Total Cost of shirts

Those are all thngs I would consider when placing a price on what you are doing or trying to estimate a quote for a job.

Use a dartboard - it's quicker and less headaches LOL and you will lear to be a better shop cause you can charge more.

:D

Do a search for the vinyl roll calculator ,its in spreadsheet(excel) format to calculate the price of the vinyl materials,breaks it down to cost per yd,per ft., and per sq. in.,then figure yuor shirt cost etc. hope it helps  J

What I would do and have done several times is order plastisol transfers from Ace Transfer Co. and at a quantity of 50 pcs / one color will cost you less than $1.50 per sheet plus S&H to get them printed.  Then get the shirts (avg. $3.00 each plus S&H) and press them up and charge your customer $10 each.  Or haggle down to $9.  Then charge $2.00 each extra for any size over XL.  You will make good money, your customer will be happy and you WILL NOT be able to come close to this price if you do it in heat transfer vinyl.  I would not even consider 50 pcs. out of vinyl.  Way too time consuming to cut/weed/press that many ; you will lose money that way.  Just my Opinion.

What price do you need to sell these for?.....Are they white shirts?

I am sure if you have art ready to go and do not need them is just a few days you can outsource the complete job and your total cost per shirt should be under 2.75 each....Screen printed 1 colour 1 side....

But transfers would be my 1st choice.....For transfers Semo would be 75.00 for 50 13 x 14.5....I always order at least 20% extra because you only have to sell a few extra shirts after the order is delivered to pay for the extras....And I always use the large sheets and fill the extra space with stock slogans....

I don't know where people get their pricing from, but t-shirts in the US at least cost about $2.00 for white & $2.50 for color. These are normal prices not sale prices.

Most people charge around $.75 per location to screen print one color one location. Contract printers usually want you to screen print 100 t-shirts. Since you don't have 100, you'll probably have to pay another .25 to .50 per t-shirt.

So for screen printing you're looking about $3.00 for white, $3.75 for color. This includes the t-shirts, not just screen printing. Some people give you prices they find online and aren't screen printers.

Be careful because some online companies list prices that exclude the t-shirt. They usually have two sections. One for screen printing and another tab for the actual t-shirt. Sometimes they put in small writing, t-shirts are $$$$ extra.

I would charge you $3.00 for white tee's, one location, one color ink, and $3.75 for color t-shirts, one location, one color ink. The screen is $20. Everyone charges for the screen and .20 for flashing. You only need flashing for an extra pass one single colors or for dark t-shirts.

You can than ad 20 to 30% more for your profit.

Last time I checked U$ prices on Zorrel  (www.zorrel.com) they were 1.36 for white and 2.02 for colours.....free shipping over 250.00....They also screen print in house, however, their prices are a little high...144 is 0.85 no screen charge. 48 - 143 is 1.00 plus 20.00 screen charge...They are a nice 100% cotton shirt (205 gsm) just a touch lighter than a Gildan 2000.....