Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

just purchased this printer on ebay

I haven't payed yet but I won the bid for this mutoh falcon ll outdoor printer. Are these good printers I am new to the printing business and want to make sure this machine is a good one before I hand over the money. The guy says he had a printing bussiness and he closed his shop. Everything works on it perfectly. It has rip software and a dongle key for it . I will be picking this machine up Friday and he says he will show me how to work it and do a test print. Before I pay him. Is there any thing else I should be concerned about be for I pay him ? Any advice is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160444298565&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1648wt_913appriciated

Question....don't you think it would have been a good idea to ask questions about this printer before you bid on it? 

I know there are a lot of ways to get out of paying for things on ebay but it states that your bid is a legal binding contract.  I can't find anywhere on there where it talks about if someone tells you something bad about this printer you will be able to just back out of your winning bid.

Since I am an ex ebay seller, I think anyone that bids on an auction and refuses to pay for the item (unless the item has been wrongly represented) should be beheaded.

Thank you for your time

Harm

If he is willing to demonstrate it in fron of you before you pay, I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as paying..if his listing says it works perfectly and it doesn't...you aren't obligated to pay.THAT is misrepresentation.

ok i just picked up this machine, it is a beast.... well he printed a test print and then i asked him to print a picture it printed fine everything work fine. the pro problem now is i am new to printing and i dont know how to operate this machine. or the rip software :- i tried to print something when i got home but i cannot get this machine to print. i dont know if i have this machine connected to the hub wrong or if i am not using the rip software right. but all i can do is turn on, and test print. :thumbsup: it has the manual but doent say much about operating this machine, just assembly. it has onyx rip is any one familiar with this machine or onyx rip software? also the magenta and yellow ink is almost empyt but it still test prints.

post-742-12986555414466_thumb.jpg

post-742-12986555433428_thumb.jpg

you say you are connected to the 'hub'. Try connecting directly to a USB port, not the hub,and see what happens.

I got got it to print. Thanks for advice. How often should I run this machine to keep the heads from drying?

If you turn it off when you're not using it for long periods, it will park the heads and keep the drying out issue in check.

You should run machine every day (automatic cleaning cycle is not so great solution)

I print on my Roland every day even if I'm not busy (stickers for my business)

Replacing heads is not cheap so read as much you can and ask questions.

Good luck .

Dariyo

ps

onix is great rip software.

ok i when i bought this machine friday, it printed fine and on saturday i was trying to get it to print but i couldent figure it out only the test print i was able to do and the ink was low on the magenta and yellow. so i had to wait till today to get ink for this. i figured out how to get it to print but it was only in blue and black color, because the yellow and magenta was out and i couldent replace till today. so i bought some ink today. and tried to print a picture and only the black and blue color are coming out. :- i ran a few more print tests, and i see a little yellow trying to come out but barley and no megenta is coming out.i hope the heads are not dried already.what does this sound like to u guys?do i have to print a few pictures to get the ink flowing in the yellow ink and megenta? or.........

alright i got it to print all four colors, i was messing around with all the buttons and saw the (fill ink) feature and pressed it. the machine started pumping ink from the ink cartridges and for the mutoh screen said filling 10 min i thought i was draining my ink and wasting it because it was draining into the wast tank. but after 10 min it said ready to print and it printed in full color. ;) i don't know how to operate this machine because i dont have the user manual. and i cant find it online. the link that speedoggy provided dident seem to be the same machine it was a little different. well i learned how to load the ink now i need to learn how to load the media so it will print were i need it to. any advice on how to do this? and also how do i find the right icc profiles to print on vinyl? when i got it the guy had it set to print on banner.