Sign in to follow this  
Sublime

Copam CP-2500 Problem

I have a CP-2500, the older model without the USB port so im using the Serial to USB adapter as i dont have a LPT port on my laptop. I Installed it on a 32bit Vista Laptop, It shows up in the device manager and says its using COM6, I configured it in SignCut, Made sure it was using COM6, but when i send a job to the plotter to cut, i get no responce at all. I get the same situation while using Sign Blazer as well.

I tried the plotter on an older laptop running XP using an LPT cable and it worked first shot. However after cutting 3 things, any time i sent a job to the plotter, the vinyl would just move foward an inch and then there would be no other movement,

So how can i get my plotter to work on my Vista laptop and what is the reason it stopped cutting on the 2nd laptop?

If you're using a 9 pin serial adapter to USB, then make sure you're using a Null Modem cable for the Copam.  Additionally, do you know what kind of adapter you're using?  Brand, model number? 

Speedy is right though, submit a ticket, and we'll have a tech work on this with you.

Thanks for the help guys, but i got it working late last night, I had an issue with conflicting drivers.