Its_me

Epson Workforce 1100 + MH721 (Contour Cutting)

Good day,

My first time posting on these boards but I have been lurking around here for quite some time.

I am having some problems contour cutting with my epson workforce 1100 and my uscutter mh721. I print in illustrator and export to cut in signcut pro, and every single time I do so I am having calibration problems and just can not figure it out, I am beginning to think it is something to do with the designing, because when I contour cut the example contour in signcut examples, the contour comes out fine, but anytime I try to contour cut any one of my designs the cutting is not exact. I have no idea what I can do to fix this problem, I have even tried switching to the Roland PC-1000 driver to see if this was the problem, but again have received no luck. Also I tried setting the offset, and still this has not fixed the problem that I am having, the cutter tracks straight and all, I just can not figure the contour cutting part out.

Could anyone please enlighten me on this situation,

Thank you.

I may be wrong but I didn't think the MH-721 supported contour cutting. I havent kept up on the forums lately and maybe something has changed with this cutter??  I thought only the laserpoint worked for contour cutting in this level of cutter.

If it does, someone enlighten me on how to get it to work. :-

actually I will enlighten you,,  You can contour cut  On the MH series. with Flexistarter 8.6 with contour cutting.  I don't know about Signcut.  You have to purchase this copy of Flexistarter 8.6 for $129.  Dont' get the one that is $99, thinking you will save money. The $99 version is NOT contour cutting version.   Boosted did that thinking he was saving money..  LOL  Then he had to  go back and order the right one.  Then take a loss on the first one he bought  LOL    And I gave him the right link.  LOL  ;D

Forum user Boosted is using it with his Pcut.  He posted pictures a while back.  I turned him on to it.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/FlexiStarter-Contour-Cutting-Vinyl-Cutter-flexi-starter-/280532048622?

cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4151035aee

do you feel enlightened now?   ;D

Your right the MH-721 does not support it but you can contour cut with it. I can cut the example in signcut perfectly but when I do my own designs it does not line up.