Sign in to follow this  
fargo_182

Couple questions for doing screen print.

I've done a few shirts before, with heat transfer ink on screen print.

I've been reading some on water based inks and just had a quick question.

For doing water based am I correct in assuming I need a flash dryer, and a heat press to do them? Or will a heat press suffice?

I'm just very confused.

Thanks!

Heat press would do just fine, let air dry first and then press (cure)  according to your ink manufacturer specifications, I do around 1minute at 350F and sometimes a little more to be on the safe side.

Actually the heat press is fine for doing both waterbased and plastisol  ;D ....... you only really need a flash dryer if you are doing more than 1 color prints

Have Fun

Pete G

Perfect thanks guys!

I was reading up on it, and was like.... what I need this new tool now.

Anyone heard of Romic heat press? Looks pretty basic. They want $275 for it.

I was going to get like a HIX but I'll have to pay some pricey shipping to get on into Canada.

Thanks Dakota.

I added to my cart and updated shipping and still said no charge. I'm gonna call them Monday to make sure 100% the price for shipping.

I appreciate it.

Also check if you don't have any taxes to pay, because they can ship it a no charge but if you have something to pay (customs) that is out of your pocket not theirs

Just a heads up for anyone outside of the U.S. trying to purchase from Sunie. Not a good experience.

Emailed them to see if shipping was ok, told me yes but at a charge obviously.

Was not told I had to wire transfer in that email, and not order through their website.

So I go to order, tell them I agree to pay pay $80 in shipping for it. Get an email saying my order is not accepted, will be cancelled.

I tell them again I'll pay for shipping just send me the invoice.

They cancel order 3 days later, and tell me to wire them the money instead, because paypal is not offered for international!

ARgghhhhhhhhhhh.

DELETE other countries from ordering if this is an issue.

Why is it so hard to order shit in Canada seriously... It's not liek you pay the damn duty I do. I ship stuff all the time and its pretty straight forward.