Stuff4Toys

Having problems preparing crappy images for SignCut

I've tried this image in Inkscape and don't have a problem tracing, BUT, I am sure there is some filter or enhancement that I am not getting.

This image is so crappy, grainy, wobbly that InkScape finds thousands of holes in it.  

Anyone willing to help make this file for me please?  Then tell me how you did it so I learn something here.

Only need (2) two colors, this will be red ON black ON white background.  Finished product will be 23" Wide by 44.5" High

JOhn ><>

post-8472-12986555152162_thumb.png

post-8472-12986555170255_thumb.png

See if this blowup is easier to trace.  Import to Inkscape and look at it - it has been blown up 4 times original size so there are 16 times the original number of pixels --makes it easier to manipulate for preparing to auto trace.  Use a bitmap tool to change the pixels that are along the borders to make the outline easier to auto trace -- or try your hand at manual tracing -- place nodes along the outlines and then modify the path to match the bitmap.  Lots of work -- but in this case there are not a ton of paths - this is a great skill to develop -- you will be BE PROUD OF the results and more able to tackle harder jobs.

-Mike

I am not up to speed on the filters in Inkscape you may find something that works on stuff like this -- I would like to hear about it if you do.

post-4108-1298655515875_thumb.jpg

post-4108-1298655517544_thumb.jpg