bbreault

631 question

ok. Got a quick question for you guys. Ive got a job that has alot of fine details and my cutter takes the small stuff and its a royal pain to weed and im wondering if the 631 would be a better choice over the651 the only thing is that its for a car and i dont know if the 631 is right for the job. Sone insight would be appreciated. Thanks

You do know that 631 is removable vinyl don't you?  would be more like a  very temporary decal for a vehicle.  For car lots and such.   Inside wall decals.  

see thats what i thought! I read the description and thats what it sounded like i just wanted to make sure i was misunderstanding it. Is there a vinyl you would recomend or do i need to suck it up and use the 651?

For a vehicle and if long term application is intended you may want to look at a higher performance vinyl for a vehicle like 751 truthfully...

;D

I would try and tweak the cutter (blade depth, cut speed, etc) to try to get a cleaner cut on the 651.

Hockeygirl is right - you should try to tweak the cutter because 651 cuts like butter and should weed even easier. Make sure you don't have waste vinyl bits built up inside the blade holder and that your blade depth is properly set - the blade should just be visible and a good way to test the blade depth is to take the blade holder in your hand and just run it across some vinyl with moderate pressure. Check to see the quality of the cut if it is satisfactory then stick it back into the machine and away you go otherwise continue to test and adjust. We always say half the thickness of a credit card for blade depth as well if that helps.

;D

Ive got my cutter going the slowest it can go and my blade depth is right on.....but its an old blade. I think that is my problem. Im going to try putting a new one in today and making a couple cuts to see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the tips/advice. It is very much appreciated.