Im using a pcut ct-630

and every time i draw a square in signblazer (just say 50mm x 50mm) and then cut it, the first line is always slightly longer where the last line should join, and the last corner it cuts curves in. this is making it difficult to weed and ofcourse its inaccurate

Basically first corner is curved with a slight line coming off it and the rest are square as they should be

Any ideas?

Thanks

What is your blade offset at? Try adjusting it bit by bit and do a test cut to see what happens.

A good starting point is .25mm then adjust down by 5 to see if it gets better or worse and just play and fine tune it.

That will probably help with that issue.

I have tried that. the other 3 corners are perfect now. they arent rounded or pointed out. but the first corner is the same.

I have the offset at 0.40 as anything lower and the corners are all rounded

The x and y scale. what do they do as i have adjusted them hoping it was somthing to with them but nothing seemed to change

No.

The when the pen draws the same rectangle it puts spikes on the corners.

When u cut it with the blade using the same offset, it cuts 3 corners perfect and one wrong.

If i change it so the pen draws correct, the blade cuts with rounded corners

hmm... that is odd. When mine was doing that I had to play with the offset. Do you have another blade you can try? Other than that I hope someone who has dealt with these issues can chime in for us.

tried using a few different blades cheap and expensive but nothing.

offset set at .50 works best for the other 3 corners but the forth is rubbish.

if i do a circle its perfect though

The very nature of a drag knife cutter causes some of this as it must drag the knife to turn the blade - when the blade drops it is turned in a different direction causing the little line off of the other area. some software has an over cut that will help with the weeding problem.

The very nature of a drag knife cutter causes some of this as it must drag the knife to turn the blade - when the blade drops it is turned in a different direction causing the little line off of the other area. some software has an over cut that will help with the weeding problem.

dakotagrafx, is there any way around this with SignBlazer? Or any other way to fix it?