Guest Terry

obama

I guess fighting those that would attack our freedoms isn't a worthy enough cause to some people............

:thumbsup: or had all the hurricanes, especially Katrina hit the country . The highest position in the US government should have some military experience , rather than learn on the job training .

surrounding yourself with experienced people and valuing their opinion is better than guard duty any day :thumbsup:

not in my opinion ... ANY military experience is better than voting  " present " 62 out of 80 some senate votes . That is not what I call leadership or experience .

true but has resulted in more american deaths than the WTC planes caused fighting the weapons of mass destruction  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I guess fighting those that would attack our freedoms isn't a worthy enough cause to some people............

:thumbsup:

Also keeping the actual war on foreign lands is a major benefit in my eyes & Bush did that . Right wrong or in between , unless a stand is made ... it would seem our homeland would be more in danger if we did not back up our stance as a major military factor . When I hear a rustling in the woods , I don't look to see if it is invaders that have cut the heads off my fellow countryman .

I would like someone to tell me how we are going to win this war...or has Viet Nam already faded from memory?

I would like someone to tell me how we are going to win this war...or has Viet Nam already faded from memory?

A little more of this :thumbsup::

A Gurkha soldier has been flown back to the UK after hacking the head off a dead Taliban commander with his ceremonial knife to prove the dead man

I agree . From my limited knowledge it would seem that striking our enemies & not doing the ground combat would be better . Knock out or dimish the ability to cause us harm & leave them alone . The deaths resulting in the ground combat is far too great a price IMO .

I agree . From my limited knowledge it would seem that striking our enemies & not doing the ground combat would be better . Knock out or dimish the ability to cause us harm & leave them alone . The deaths resulting in the ground combat is far too great a price IMO .

You have to have boots on the ground.  As archaic as the infantry concept is, no matter how far technology evolves, infantry will always be needed.

I'm not so sure of that . I watched the smart missles hit precise targets . Blow up the military stuff & fly back to a safe base . We will never change the mindset of those countries , so all I think is needed is to take away their military capability of harming us .

I'm not so sure of that . I watched the smart missles hit precise targets . Blow up the military stuff & fly back to a safe base . We will never change the mindset of those countries , so all I think is needed is to take away their military capability of harming us .

I agree Rodger.  Iraq did not attack us and in that part of the war we have killed twice as many Americans as the twin towers strike.  I agree with hitting the Taliban.  Now we have cemented the anti american sentiment in the area by killing all the civilians while fighting the WMD was!  I also like how the past administration had an "we don't need allies" attitude and built the deficit to new heights before handing the mess over, then saying look at the deficit that has been run up.

I really don't see where being a weekend warrior makes a leader - Elect Warren buffet - he would have bought Iraq - cost less and we would own the oil rights! :thumbsup:

I also agree with the Vietnam reference.

Take it from a former combat arms veteran, you always have to have boots on the ground.  Now since I have a few minutes to devote, I will go into detail.................................... :thumbsup:

First, you just don't take away the military capability of these people.  While being nothing more than a bunch of backwoods inbreds with an affinity for molesting farm animals and boys, they are very innovative in the ways they conduct war.  

When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan back in '79, the mujihadeen were stuck with primarily Lee Enfield rifles that were made in the 1800's.  During the war with the Soviets, they began getting their hands on AK-47's and in turn, the backroom shops across the border in Pakistan began building AK's for the front line guys based on the cheap design of the AK.  Sure, the Stinger missile systems they received from us really helped them out, but the Soviets were fighting a group of people who were building full on battlefield rifles in the type of spaces that are not a whole lot different than a lot of us cut vinyl in.  That's just one example of the mindset these people have.

It sort of sounds like you have been blinded by the gee whiz videos on CNN, but there is a whole lot more than just picking up a cell phone signal from Muhammed The Car Bomber and launching a Cruise Missile through their front door.  You have to send the boots on the ground to go into those caves, those huts and those tents to root out the rats.  Those places can be a boon intel wise that allows the warfighters better knowledge and where to go to find more rats.

Gaining intel from your enemy from the safety of a basement room halfway across the world is only half the battle.  People have to be in harm's way to complete the cycle and fight the good fight efficiently.  You cannot forget the old ways of doing business.

There is no way in hell to take away their warfighting capability outside of doing what the Ghurka did, and that's cutting the head off the body.  Is completing the job possible?  Probably not in this day and age of touchy feely crap, but we sure as hell should be traveling to the four corners of the universe and all points in between cutting the heads off all the rats that decided that their brand of living is somehow morally superior to ours.

I agree Rodger.  Iraq did not attack us and in that part of the war we have killed twice as many Americans as the twin towers strike.  I agree with hitting the Taliban.   Now we have cemented the anti american sentiment in the area by killing all the civilians while fighting the WMD was!  I also like how the past administration had an "we don't need allies" attitude and built the deficit to new heights before handing the mess over, then saying look at the deficit that has been run up.

I really don't see where being a weekend warrior makes a leader - Elect Warren buffet - he would have bought Iraq - cost less and we would own the oil rights! :thumbsup:

I also agree with the Vietnam reference.

First off, what rights have you earned to bash someone who joined the Guard or Reserve?  Second, please quote factual information stating that we killed all the civilians.  And lastly, what good does Warren Buffet bring to the table?

I don't think that there is ANY capability of stripping all the weapons or especially even finding them ( from the biggest to smallest weapon ) so putting people on the ground is too expensive ( death rate ) . Taking the primary weapons out we can find by satellite etc is what I think needs done . Make yourself an enemy/threat to us & get some airmail  :thumbsup:  We should not be in any civil wars . I understand that countries eating up surrounding countries is a problem & that is where the political drama/nightmare/intelligence gets very foggy .

I listened to the previous administration say something like this " We don't need allies , we will do it EVEN if we don't get allies " The administration wanted allies , but was determined to do what ALL of the USA was behind .. later some switched their stance . I think it is un-honorable & cowardly to back out after a decision was made/agreed upon , no matter how much a person regrets it . It was not 1 man who went to war or decided to go to war ... a non partisane decision at that moment . I don't remember anybody of significance being against it . Intelligence may have been wrong, maybe things were never there or maybe they were not found . It is not like looking in a 30' X 30 ' garage .

How do you fight an enemy who straps bombs to 12 year old girls and sends them into a public place to detonate them? Bush never 'got it' that to the extremists, this is a Holy War.

And while our troops are fighting an invisible enemy half way across the world, our own country is a great big unprotected target waiting to be hit again.

So in other words, the cost of keeping this country free and preserving our ideals is too much?

If and when this country is destroyed, it won't be from without, but from within...history proves it,over and over again.

How do you fight an enemy who straps bombs to 12 year old girls and sends them into a public place to detonate them? Bush never 'got it' that to the extremists, this is a Holy War.

And while our troops are fighting an invisible enemy half way across the world, our own country is a great big unprotected target waiting to be hit again.

Oh, I'm sure Bush got it but because of the politically correct BS environment that has overtaken this country, calling it what it is isn't allowed anymore.  Look at all of the BS that's going on in this country just because of that religion.

If and when this country is destroyed, it won't be from without, but from within...history proves it,over and over again.

So we should just sit around on our thumbs and wait for the enemy to come to us?

So in other words, the cost of keeping this country free and preserving our ideals is too much?

you are correct on that one....we got a useless POS at 1600 pennsylvania ave. who is currently doing everything he can to destroy this country from within. at least some of the sheeple are coming around. his approval level continues to sink with every passing day. there isn't a chance on this earth he will get re-elected.

no,because the enemy is already here. And they look just like me and you.

So we should just forget about the idiots from the other side of the planet with their inbred ideals and knack for bomb vests?

So we should just forget about the idiots from the other side of the planet with their inbred ideals and knack for bomb vests?

I didn't say that..don't put words in my mouth. From a terrorism stand point, we are no better off now than we were 8 years ago and never will be. As long as there is ONE SINGLE extremist alive, to plan and execute an attack on American soil, they have the upper hand. The best offense is a good defense.

I didn't say that..don't put words in my mouth. From a terrorism stand point, we are no better off now than we were 8 years ago and never will be. As long as there is ONE SINGLE extremist alive, to plan and execute an attack on American soil, they have the upper hand. The best offense is a good defense.

Wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.  Just asking an honest question.  And a good defense is having a good offense, which in this case is hunting them on their own ground, kicking in their doors, removing them from the gene pool while they are in their own zip codes and sticking their heads to pikes at the entrances of their own villages................

you are correct on that one....we got a useless POS at 1600 pennsylvania ave. who is currently doing everything he can to destroy this country from within. at least some of the sheeple are coming around. his approval level continues to sink with every passing day. there isn't a chance on this earth he will get re-elected.

as opposed to the useless POS that we had for 8 years before him?

Wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.  Just asking an honest question.  And a good defense is having a good offense, which in this case is hunting them on their own ground, kicking in their doors, removing them from the gene pool while they are in their own zip codes and sticking their heads to pikes at the entrances of their own villages................

Good idea in theory, but it's impossible to do. There aren't enough US Soldiers in the world to do it. We couldn't do it in Viet Nam..so we turned our tail and ran. Until we can learn to read people's minds..to know what is in their heads and hearts, we can't get  them all. It's just like if you have a roach infestation in your house. All it takes is one roach left,and the infestation will be back.

The US hasn't won a war since 1945. WE can't even handle a communist dictator 100 miles south of our own border. It will take old age to do what we haven't been able to do in 51 years.

ahhhhh yes. the true mark of the community organizer fan. BLAME BUSH. :thumbsup: you guys need to find a new mantra. the current douche has done plenty to make himself look bad. how's that 8% unemployment rate....no wait, 10+% working out for our country. how's about that nice little double dip we are headed into? Obama owns the problems of todays economy. NOTHING he has said he would do to fix the country has worked. it's only getting worse and leaving us with enough debt for 10 life times. the only bright spot is, he's on another vacation. what's that make, about 20 or so now. i truely have lost count. at least he's working his ass off to help us all out......no he isn't. even Hillary woulda been better for our country. this guy has been the most divisive president of these great United States since Abraham Lincoln.

Good idea in theory, but it's impossible to do. There aren't enough US Soldiers in the world to do it. We couldn't do it in Viet Nam..so we turned our tail and ran. Until we can learn to read people's minds..to know what is in their heads and hearts, we can't get  them all. It's just like if you have a roach infestation in your house. All it takes is one roach left,and the infestation will be back.

The US hasn't won a war since 1945. WE can't even handle a communist dictator 100 miles south of our own border. It will take old age to do what we haven't been able to do in 51 years.

Grenada, Panama (I'm sure my buddy would love to know that he is considered a loser for that one), Desert Storm (and I'm sure all the guys that I served with would love to know they are considered losers).  Apparently you haven't studied much about Vietnam since we were winning the battles, the war was lost in Washington.