Guest Terry

obama

I'm not so sure of that . I watched the smart missles hit precise targets . Blow up the military stuff & fly back to a safe base . We will never change the mindset of those countries , so all I think is needed is to take away their military capability of harming us .

so you can find box cutters and fake passports on a satellite image, or are you saying that those are insignificant and unable of harming us on US soil?

I did not say that or any form of that :thumbsup: ... I don't think you fly soldiers overseas to foreign land to find those either . The discussion was about a ground war vs no soldiers on the ground . I'm for less US fatalities & more bombing , especially after watching the laser guided bombs . I'm all for security within the US , But I am not afraid of countries thousands of miles away having rifles , box cutters or fake passports .

Here's an interesting note:

The family of Osama Bin Laden is in the shipping business. They own a bunch of freighters..any one of which is welcome in any harbor in the US..and could sale into that harbor loaded with explosives. I saw a report that said one ship loaded in such a way could destroy a good portion of New York. In the same report, a high ranking government official said that there really was very little security in our harbors.

And meanwhile, we are checking tubes of toothpaste at airports.

So,what do you do?

I did not say that or any form of that :thumbsup: ... I don't think you fly soldiers overseas to foreign land to find those either . The discussion was about a ground war vs no soldiers on the ground . I'm for less US fatalities & more bombing , especially after watching the laser guided bombs . I'm all for security within the US , But I am not afraid of countries thousands of miles away having rifles , box cutters or fake passports .

no, you dont fly soldiers overseas to find the boxcutters, but you do to find those that would use them to hijack a 747 and fly it into a building.

you may have not said that specifically, but you mentioned that merely destroying any "military capabilities" would be sufficient. i do disagree with that. i do believe that we need boots on the ground to root them out. i completely disagree with you on the point of not needing or wanting ground troops in there.

i do, however, completely agree that we should spend more time f*cking sh*t up and less time apologizing. use the ground troops for intel, when the find pockets of insurgents, call it in and have the area flattened.

im also not fond of the idea of using the ground troops for fear of collateral damage. i believe the old saying was, "kill em all, let god sort em out" if you are harboring insurgents, you are NOT an "innocent non-combatant"

No matter how many soldiers you put overseas , you could not find all the potential box cutter wielding hijackers ...  1 main reason is that many are already here . I think taking the known missles , planes etc that are a physical threat to this country is all that is practical . I do agree footsoldiers should be used for intel for airstrikes . I have 1 friend that is a sniper & goes in WAY before any military action & supplies that with other duties . Seems the soldiers are protecting the contractors that are rebuilding the country that we just paid to blow up & doing civil service/putting what government Washington wants there .... I would not use ground soldiers for that because the death rate is too much . I have no problem with you disagreeing with me about ground soldiers , but you should take the f word bomb out of your post :thumbsup:

I think this thread should join the several other threads that have went south lately  ;)

ive got to say that iam in no way a historian or war vetran or politician. but this forum is kinda proving why we cant win this war. "was it ever officially declared a war"? idk. we cant even get alogn with each other in a subject like this in a forum that originally asked for a graphic. lol. if u want to see a weapon of mass destruction.....look at your own hands. anyone can murder hundreds or even thousands. it doesnt have to be of a particular race or religion. alot of recent terrorist attacks have been from people at our own front doorstep. anyone has the capability. I support our troops 100% in the fact that they are defending our freedom. but i dont think that the war is necessary anymore. our target group was not a whole nation.....but we made it that way. one group changed our outlook upon an entire ethnicity. thats not right in my opinion. an old history teacher of mine said "be educated in history, or be doomed to repeat it" i thought it was not bunch of bs when i heard it but now that im a little more mature i find it is 100% true. we as a nation keep making the same faulters time and time again. fact is....u will never get rid of the weapons of mass destruction.....you will never MAKE someone beleive something they dont want to because we all have the capability of being a weapon of mass destruction, unfortunately. im sorry if ive offended anyone because that wa not my intention but dont ufind it silly to get in a heated debate with fellow members and calling them names like 5yr olds...when they have most likely helped u out in the past? like said before....this is an arguement that will never be won. everyone has there opinion.....and they should. fact is that its simple things like this that inhibit our nation....or any nation for that fact to overcome the most challenging of issues.