Sign in to follow this  
master design decals

What would you charge for this?

Hello there. I have to do 3 of these NYK Logistics shipping containers and install the decals.  The largest one is 48 inches by 140 inches, 3 of those.  These are the ones I am curious as to what anyone else would charge to cut and install.

Thank you!

post-8144-12986555092227_thumb.jpg

post-8144-12986555109993_thumb.jpg

$850 for all 3 + Install using cast is what i'm coming up with. You would have a hard time cutting these unless you can get someone with a 54" machine to cut these for you to be one piece.

we would be about 900 + install. if you need help cutting them let me know. we have a 54" printer cutter.

do you have to elongate the cut to compensate for the corrugations?

Another thing to consider is the condition of the container - Are they re-painted and clean? Is the paint oxidized? I'd do a test piece and see how well it adheres. I've had some small dealing with container (not vinyl) they can be in pretty bad shape. If it were me I'd ask to see the condition before I quoted. but that's me.

You might want to ask these guys - http://www.vinylforum.org/

I guess, according to them, it is freshly painted, but I don't know for sure.  I was right up there in price too, but then I thought I was too high.  Then after taking into consideration getting up on a ladder, alone..., trying to keep the hard hat on, I was thinking close to 900 or so.  It's not straight, its corregated or however you spell it.

Thank you all very much for your input and I am glad that we all think along the same line.  The sucky part is it is the railroad and it takes forever to get paid.  Any suggestions there?

Yeah $900 PLUS installation.

Don't do this job for $900 installed, your going to have a pretty challenging install and your going off the ground to install it..

Yeah, you are right.  100 bucks each to install?

Yeah i mean, i would see how the first one goes then go from there, I would just tell them since it's a complex install it's going to be around $X for the first then the others will follow based on that. I would think around $100 each would be good

Thanks jfought, I managed to work out my tiling in signcut with my 24 inch cutter and was able to cut it in sections to where all I have to do is line it all up.  It came out in 3 sections, the top wing, the larger font then the smaller.  I hope it's easier to install that way.  I usually do everything in 1 piece, but my helper flew the coop on me, I think she is having a mid-life crisis and being a small business, I'm going thru trust issues on hiring anyone else.  I have had 2 different so-called "friends" work with me and both of them were thieves.  This latest one was a great worker but she got a divorce, started drinking ALOT, calling in late or sick, had a fake seizure to get the attention of some guy, right there on an install, then dropped off of the face of the earth.  I know lots of you have been there with help issues too.  With this economy, I would love to do my part and hire someone but I can't afford even the tiniest loss right now. SO, it's just me and my husband when he has time, which he never does.

Thanks!

Casey

I would think more in the line of 200.00  plus for the install you will need help plus a lot of ladder work

+1 or more IMHO - but then again I not a professional

You said it was railroad - Amtrak? Stimulus money? Not trying to be nosy, I'm doing some other work for Amtrak.

Hey there. Sorry for the delay. Hectic week. It is BNSF in Kansas City, KS. I went with the 300 for the decal and 100 to install and I have to do them this monday. So, thanks a bunch everyone!!! You rock.