Sign in to follow this  
jeff g

Signblazer License Plate Template -- free for all to use

I have a pretty good eye for centering things up, but I decided that since I'm going to be making some club license plates for some of the motorcycle groups that I belong to, it would make things easier with a template.  The template also helps with the placement of the graphics so I don't put a sticker over the holes in the plate blank.

So, I spent a half hour with signblazer, a ruler, a license plate blank, a real license plate, and my Pcut.  Would have been 15 minutes, but I don't have a spare mouse to use with my laptop and the touchpad is a pain for any kind of fine work...lots of deleting went on.  A mouse for the laptop is on my list of things to buy tonight at Wal-mart when I stop by to get my car battery warrantied.

Anyway, I came up with a template for cutting graphics for license plates.  The overall measurements are that of a blank plastic license plate and the hole spacing is matched to a real Pennsylvania license plate.  The hole spacing isn't 100% perfect, but when matched to the PA plate, it's only off by a few thousandths of an inch.  Good enough for a sticker template.

http://www.3cyl.com/jeff/license_template.SBD

One word of caution about using the template.  Match it up to your blanks before you design and place stuff close to the holes.  I bought 5 blanks and they apparently came from 2 different lots or sources.  The hole spacing is drastically different among the 5.  That is the reason I used a PA plate instead of a blank plate to determine the hole spacing.

Ken, put this in the appropriate place if this is not the appropriate forum for it.

license_template.SBD

license_template.SBD

Thanks - this will come in handy in the coming months!!!  :you rock:    :well done:

Maybe -- in the near future I will learn enough about this stuff so I can contribute more!

In the mean time -- Merry Christmas to all !!!  :snow:

I have a pretty good eye for centering things up, but I decided that since I'm going to be making some club license plates for some of the motorcycle groups that I belong to, it would make things easier with a template.  The template also helps with the placement of the graphics so I don't put a sticker over the holes in the plate blank.

So, I spent a half hour with signblazer, a ruler, a license plate blank, a real license plate, and my Pcut.  Would have been 15 minutes, but I don't have a spare mouse to use with my laptop and the touchpad is a pain for any kind of fine work...lots of deleting went on.   A mouse for the laptop is on my list of things to buy tonight at Wal-mart when I stop by to get my car battery warrantied.

Anyway, I came up with a template for cutting graphics for license plates.  The overall measurements are that of a blank plastic license plate and the hole spacing is matched to a real Pennsylvania license plate.  The hole spacing isn't 100% perfect, but when matched to the PA plate, it's only off by a few thousandths of an inch.  Good enough for a sticker template.

http://www.3cyl.com/jeff/license_template.SBD

One word of caution about using the template.  Match it up to your blanks before you design and place stuff close to the holes.  I bought 5 blanks and they apparently came from 2 different lots or sources.  The hole spacing is drastically different among the 5.  That is the reason I used a PA plate instead of a blank plate to determine the hole spacing.

Ken, put this in the appropriate place if this is not the appropriate forum for it.

This looks good. I will leave it here for now.

:thumbsup: