Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

is tis printer worth 10,500

i found this printer on ebay and was thinking of purchasing it. i spoke with the seller and he is willing to sell it for 10,500 this includes shipping from florida to clovis ,ca. is this a good deal? just wanted to ask your guys opinion before buying.dont want to get burned. im new to printing. i just have a vinyl cutter. let me know your opinion? thanks

Guest YHC

You didnt provide any of the printer information.

Guest YHC
Make sure you get a picture of the test pattern, very important.

Thanks for the tip. I would have never thought of that.

I would not buy a used printer like that unless I could see it in action, in person.  I bought a used 48" printer off e-bay, but only after driving 9 hours to see it work - print, nozzle check, check component lifetimes, etc....

When you buy used equipment, you are on your own when comes to any service issues - these can add up to some serious money fast if there are problems!

Hope this helps

This is great machine but as already been said do not spend money without taking close look at it.

I know guys who use same printer for few years without trouble, and they made tons of money with this machine.

Good luck.

any of you printer guys have a recommendation for a system around $6K ?

Excellent, I'll keep my eyes open.

Do you recommend to check something in particular when you go to inspect the printer ?

A print pattern is what I've read from you guys, but I can't think of anything else.

Guest fivestar

That's a good printer.......Actually I believe that is identical to mine except it is A PRINTER ONLY......not a printer/cutter......but myself if I need another printer I will get one just like that because I've already got a printer/cutter so I can print on one and cut on the other one if it's something that needs contour cut. 

Again I'd get a "print head test" which they should be able to provide no problem.