I was wondering, realistically, What the limitations are as far as text size for the copam 3500? I am finding that no matter what size I cut, edges are getting peeled. I have adjusted the blade depth, to way under half of a credit card width and also adjusted the pressure & speed several times to try to find the right combo, all with no success. Different settings do offer better results but no definite fix.I would also like to mention that I am using the factory blade that came with the machine. Should I buy another mfg's blades( any suggestions?) The blade is only a week old and has cut less than 3yds of vinyl. I have a P-cut ctn 1200 that does not give me this problem. I purchased the copam with the understanding that it was a better machine, which in all aspects except the above mentioned problem is. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank You all in advance.

First and foremost can you shoot me a reply with your speed and force settings + what program are you using to cut with... Anyway you can take a picture of one of the offending edges and post it here. Also do you just have the one blade and did you at first have it over exposed so that it penetrated the cut strip?

I've had more than one brand new blade that was bad....try another blade before you do anything else, just to make sure.

Thank you for the prompt response my speed is at 40 & pressure 170 you'll have to give me a day to post a pic.  Thanks Banner john I'll try that. I'm cutting with flexi-starter 8.6

I was wondering, realistically, What the limitations are as far as text size for the copam 3500? I am finding that no matter what size I cut, edges are getting peeled. I have adjusted the blade depth, to way under half of a credit card width and also adjusted the pressure & speed several times to try to find the right combo, all with no success. Different settings do offer better results but no definite fix.I would also like to mention that I am using the factory blade that came with the machine. Should I buy another mfg's blades( any suggestions?) The blade is only a week old and has cut less than 3yds of vinyl. I have a P-cut ctn 1200 that does not give me this problem. I purchased the copam with the understanding that it was a better machine, which in all aspects except the above mentioned problem is. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank You all in advance.

what do you have the blade offset set at in Flexistarter?

Whatever the default setting on flexi is for the offset is what I have it on. Is there a recommended setting. If you dont mind could you give me a brief explanation of the purpose of the offset is

Whatever the default setting on flexi is for the offset is what I have it on. Is there a recommended setting. If you dont mind could you give me a brief explanation of the purpose of the offset is

blade offset is set different per machine...  and per blade. example I have a Graphtec and mine is set at  zero  0  and Flexi offset is inches, as most others are in mm 

offset explanation in link below

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,16152.0.html