Sign in to follow this  
KCR87

I just started...

I just am now uploading pictures here, this is the first couple things I have done with my plotter.  Let me know what you all think!

26379_1412171461998_1163851443_31211738_7309579_n.jpg

26379_1412171542000_1163851443_31211740_4014658_n.jpg

26379_1412171582001_1163851443_31211741_2410867_n.jpg

25398_1435591007472_1163851443_31269908_259352_n.jpg

Did you use a wet app for the late model? I did some large vinyl lettering the other day, I'm sure it was mostly my inexperience, but couldnt get it to lay perfect. If so, what fluid?

I did it dry, the black on the sides is 3 different pieces. I hinged them, vertically to do it easier and in smaller sections.

Those look great.

I don't have any luck doing large stuff dry. I know it's supposed to be taboo but I just use windex.

Nice job. I do mostly racecars and i was wondering how you got the outline between the black out line and the black graphics? Did you just do another white outline or break the path of the stipes? Seen that a few other places and wanted to know how to do it.

It's not a white outline, that is body color.

The paths are broken, and weeded out the part that doesnt belong (the white)

That looks awesome. If this is you "just starting" I cant wait to see more stuff. lol. Awesome work, esp since you did it dry. I would never attempt that dry....well, maybe. lol. Great job  :D

It might be a while, my laptop just broke the USB ports. I don't have a desktop type computer. Its fairly hard to draw on a touchpad. I think the USB ports are fried in the motherboard, its weird though, they power things on, but the computer just doesnt recognize any of them. Tried everything..........

Dont have enough money for a new laptop or motherboard.  :-

Car looks awesome! Great color scheme, and whoever hung that Five Star body did a great job too!

Where does that car run at? Looking at the taped spoiler, wide five hubs and Hoosiers (f-45's?) it aughta be close to my neck of the woods  :thumbsup:

It competes at Auto City Speedway in Clio, MI

Currently 2 wins in 5 starts, 1 second, and 1 third. Its a Super Stock at their home track, but he also makes select appearances with the SuperPRO Series and ASA Late Models Northern Division.

Hoosier 1035s and 1045's

It might be a while, my laptop just broke the USB ports. I don't have a desktop type computer. Its fairly hard to draw on a touchpad. I think the USB ports are fried in the motherboard, its weird though, they power things on, but the computer just doesnt recognize any of them. Tried everything..........

Dont have enough money for a new laptop or motherboard.  :-

Couple things you could try...

First guess would be a virus screwing up the system, second would damage to the system.

Most of the later can be fixed using Tune-Up utilities. You can download the demo at tune-up.com and see if it fixes the problem (Run the one step repair over and over until all the errors are fixed (usually 3-4 times)) The demo will run for about 30 days but once is pretty much all you need.

if this doesn't take care of the problem, give me a yell and i'll see if i can give you a few other pointers.

Looks great!!  i have 2 questions,

1. did you make the black graphics yourself on ur program or is that something from a graphics cd? (i would really like to have that graphic!)

2. did you put a white outline around the shadow on the numbers? or did you trim the graphics back by hand?

again the car looks great! and i bet looks even bettering in person!