mwdesigncreate

Contour Cutting NOT working!!!

Been trying for 3 days now to do a successful contour cut job with no success. Using a Laserpoint 24", SignCut Productivity Pro, on a Mac computer.

I've calibrated it probably 50 times so far through SignCut, and still no luck!

I know I have the page in the cutter the right way. I'm using the "3 point registration," but every time, it cuts pretty far off from where it should be cutting.

I've even adjusted the  X and Y scale on the machine itself to read the same number, as this fixed someone else problems, but not mine.

What else can I do???!!! Seems like I've tried everything. Obviously the calibration is not correct, but every time I try to calibrate it, it does the same thing.

It shouldn't be this difficult to use a relatively simple procedure.

I'm open to any and ALL suggestions at this point. Could the problem be that I'm not using this "keyspan" thing I've heard about? Cutting regular vinyl seems to work fine, but contour cutting around a design is another story.

HELP!

is there a four point reg mark option? I don't use that software, but I know four point is tons more accurate in flexi.

You sound like me a few days ago, only less desperate. Check out Paco's link. It really does work amazingly well. Any questions, just ask, a few of us know how to do this now!  :D

Ok so I read through the distruction on how to conture cut with the usc lp24 and it don't work for me Paco could you put together something for us that are using inkscape as I don't have CD or Illistrator. I know it has got to be easy to do but I'm not a computer guru and i realy need to get this working for me. I am confident that it is probly user error but when I put in my design it cut the X size correct but the Y was like 200% the size needed, all the nuumbers for size and ect looked correct but it still cut way to long any help would be apprecated. by the way all other test cuts like 300x300mm square is right on the money.

Sorry I am not used to work with Inkscape.

I do not have the plotter any more so I cant try it if I know how to work with inkscape.

There must be others using Inkscape and Signcut pro to contour cut.

If they read this please assist.

Regards, Paco

I had terrible luck with this at first..... I first thing, scrapped the default template for contour cutting.... to heck with it. First I design my graphic and put a large box or square around it with no fill, a half pixel stroke and convert it to a path. Once printed, import the same graphic minus all of the fills and just your box that was around it and your cut path. In SCP then select simple contour cut and align the laser with the corners of the box around your graphic. voila.... It took me a ton of practice using standard printer paper with a graphic and the pen tool.

had the same problem for the longest finaly got it to work by doing this:

(I use the 11x17 but should work for any other size also)

on the supplied template put a box around the + so that it touches just the outside of the cross then when you set up for three point redjustration set your reg point to 0.0 use the outside box that you put aroungd the supplied reg point and use that.

Now that you have that set up use the outside corner of each box as your lineup point ie first box looking at it in portrat mode.

I'd send you a svg file with it set up all ready or pictures but don't know how in this board