Sign in to follow this  
dclark

Cutting Heavy Weight Paper?

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a Copam 4050, and I'm loving it.  So far I've been using it to plot patterns for stained glass on http://www.uscutter.com/Plotter-Paper_c_260.html kraft paper.  I also purchased some thicker paper from a stained glass store, plotting my pattern on it.  So far I've been resorting to using a pair of scissors to cut the pattern out.  So... 

I would really like to use the cutter to cut the pattern out, I feel like I'm just wasting my time with the scissors.  I've read a bit on here about using some kind of tacky backing to back the paper, and once that's done I should run it through the cutter. 

So... here's my questions..

I'm having trouble finding thicker paper in rolls that I can use with this plotter.  I'm using this paper for a pattern, so it just has to be thick enough to trace around.  I would also like it to be wide enough to get most of the 48'' out of this cutter. Anyone have a suggestion on where to find this?  I've been searching, but so far have come up empty.

What kind of backing should I use for cutting the paper?  I would really like to be able to use the full 48 inches this cutter is able to cut.  .. 

Any other information/advice/suggestions you can give would help as well.  If there are some posts I've overlooked on this board, please link them. Even if I've read them before I don't mind reading them again lol.

Thanks for the help,

-dclark

portforward.com