Sign in to follow this  
casperkyle

Pricing guide help

I have been looking on here and everyone's prices are all over the place but can someone give me a good guide line to go by for RTA,Signs,Banners one or multiple colors non printed. thanks so much in advance!!!!

thanks ff958 that is helpful! But one of my problems i am running into is why are RTA graphics more than a sign and banner (example thesignexpert.com site a 24" x 18" banner is $22.50 a 24" x 18" sign is $27.00 24" x 18" RTA is $31.95) they are all the same size but you add more supplies for the banner blank and blank sign so why would it be cheaper?:D Can someone please help me out with this one..  Thanks so much!!!

I took a look and you are right about thesignexpert pricing - looking at the pricing calculation assumptions they are figuring the banner and sign with calendared vinyl and the RTA with cast vinyl - so more expensive vinyl - but still seems like there is more involved in a banner or coro sign than a RTA. 

I use a commercial pricing program for my pricing - but you can figure prices  with a spreadsheet - a calculator - pencil and paper - or counting on your fingers and toes.  It all boils down to figuring your material and expense costs - adding your labor costs for design, production and installation - and adding a markup to make your profits come out where you want them to be.  There are several spreadsheets that have been posted on the forum - do a search and try some of them out.  Good luck - and if you come up with a pricing structure that works for you - post how you came up with it - we all would like to hear about it.

you really have to look at your costs and your market. the place across the street from us, and i mean we can see him out our window, sells printed banners at $4/sqft. that is below our cut vinyl pricing for banners. We would never sell even cut vinyl for that price.

as for rta, we havent sold anything larger than a foot long but we do charge quite a bit more for rta because of the quantity involved and the amount of work. these are normally window decals or bumper stickers where banners are normally larger graphics.

our highest price per sqft is with vehicle or window applied graphics.

the short answer is you need to figure out your cost and what you want to make.

here is an example of pricing and profit.

you purchase a resale product for 25c each.

if you sell them for 50c you make a nice margin.

if you sell them for $1 you make a better margin but will expect to sell less at the higher price.

however, you only need to sell 34 units at $1 to make the same profit at 50c sales price for 100 units.

what have you done? you have lessened your exposure to risk by only purchasing 34 units for sale freeing up money for other things, you have reduced your space needed for inventory reducing your rent or overhead, you have done less work and thus have spent less to make the sale, and you had more time to do other money making things (or take time off!) all for the same profit number of dollars.