nenemott

I designed these business cards,

I designed these business cards, and am almost ready to email to printer, any hints and some design or wording for the back would be appreciated, thanks

post-6940-12986554805647_thumb.jpg

post-6940-12986554820797_thumb.jpg

I am no professional by no means. Just giving you my opinion. I think the phone number needs to come down. Kinda blends in with the white shadow of the cat. Kinda hard to see at the first glance.

Other than that i think that it is nice!!

I raised it because it was too close to the edge, since I have not sent it yet, I want it not to be  too close. On the proof it was past the margin and AI am afraid that it might be cut too close , I plan on putting the phone number in the back also, but I can also put a small outline so it shows more.  once I get more feedback I will re-do it.

thanks

This is what I see:

On the right side, right after the ".com" you can see a light, so the pictures of the panther needs to blend perfectly with your black background.

Signarte, rafael matos, sign maker - needs to be aligned to the left or centered.

If you have the time use some drop shadows or glows to make the lettering pop a little more, but I think is fine.

take care now

:D

Delete the background around the panther.

You can do this by opening the jpeg of the panther in photoshop. Rasterize the layer. Select magic wand tool. Click on background. Press delete button. Do this until the background is deleted everywhere.

Then I would suggest going to blending options and doing an outer glow around the panther.

Play around with blending options. I use bevel and emboss a lot.

I use the same format for a lot of the backs of my business cards.

I'll try posting some.

post-685-12986554808041_thumb.jpg

post-685-12986554822739_thumb.jpg

backs

I hate doing so many of the same format like this but I show customers my previous work and they go, yeah I want it like that one!

post-685-12986554808505_thumb.jpg

post-685-12986554808875_thumb.jpg

post-685-12986554809743_thumb.jpg

post-685-12986554822927_thumb.jpg

post-685-12986554823165_thumb.jpg

post-685-12986554823788_thumb.jpg

Tlhanks guys, I got rid of the light and aligned the name and else, I also like the back with the phone and lettering on the first picture Stormy sent, I will keep working on it,thanks

PS I got the domain and am working on the web page, I will let you know when I put it on the web.

post-6940-12986554810724_thumb.jpg

post-6940-12986554824552_thumb.jpg

great work both of you.

i hate that typewriter font but i know a lot of people that like it.

Here are a few cards ive thrown together, some are two side some are just simple one side.

post-7456-12986554865636_thumb.jpg

post-7456-12986554873299_thumb.jpg

post-7456-12986554878118_thumb.jpg

post-7456-12986554878361_thumb.jpg

post-7456-1298655489308_thumb.jpg

post-7456-12986554893245_thumb.jpg

post-7456-12986554893405_thumb.jpg

post-7456-12986554893561_thumb.jpg

Hi there!

I'll throw in my two cents.

First, simplify. Simple is always good. Remove the '...Add' from 'Add Style, Add Color and Add Vision', and change that script font to your cool block font. One thing people do wrong is having too many fonts in a design, especially script. You have to be *very* careful with script.

I would just have it read 'Style, Color, Vision' on the left, but without the dots or the word 'Add'. Simple.

Left justify your name and 'sign maker'. In fact I think it's one word, 'signmaker' but I could be wrong.

Someone already mentioned this: Fix the stray background behind the cat.

Put 'web: signarte.com' under 'signmaker' on the left.

Put your number on the left too, unless you can raise the kitteh up. I don't think you need the word 'call' there. Just have your number there (everyone knows you call numbers). It's just one of those things we're used to saying, but isn't needed in advertising (least not in my opinion).  

Note, your number might change, so you might want to just have your website URL or an email which won't change. Something to consider. My cards are always very simple, and never include phone numbers. This way, they're always good because domains you can keep forever (long as you renew).

The number should be simple. Maybe like 609.350.0836 and the white isn't bad. I think I would put it on the left as well, spaced away from your green and orange lettering (I like those colors you picked).

Move 'Style, Color and Vision' up to make room on the left for your other text, and your phone number (if you keep it on there). People can always go to your website, and you can put all your contact info there, and you can put prices and samples there too....all the stuff people will ask you over the phone (I hate being on the phone, personally). I conduct most of my business through email but we're all different.

The kitteh is cool, but remove that web address and put it somewhere else. Let the kitteh breathe without a graphic on his face. It's awkward and hurts the URL and the kitteh. I would move the web URL to the left, under 'sign maker'. Centered or left justified, whatever looks better.

I just made some cards myself which I designed in Photoshop, trying to make them look like they're from the early to mid 60's.

My card is  green on one side, pink on the other. You can do something similar too...it's not very expensive to get double sided printing these days. I got 1000 cards for about 20 bucks at www.GotPrint.com.

MonstahFish_Green_350.jpg

MonstahFish_Pink_350.jpg

Thank you Nukleon and everyone else, I will work on those ideas and will post picture once I am ready to send to printer.  Thanks again for taking some time out for feedback.

I've love to see what you come up with once you re-design a few things! :D

Legit and Eli you got some nice cards there too.

Thanks, those are some things I threw together for the interview of the job I have now, obviously they liked it at the newspaper, enough to hire me lol