DIRTRACER

workforce 1100

Well, I just want to put in a good word for Richard over at Cobra Ink...he's awesome on email and very responsive. I am definitely going to order the WF1100 with the Cobra CIS ASAP....soon as the finances allow (things have been tight).

Well, I just want to put in a good word for Richard over at Cobra Ink...he's awesome on email and very responsive. I am definitely going to order the WF1100 with the Cobra CIS ASAP....soon as the finances allow (things have been tight).

You will love it

• Like 1

I do have to give props to Richard @ cobra, he just sent me a 1100 w/pigment ink and he answered all my emails right away, very knowledgeable and nice person.  :) :)

I'm leaning towards buying this from cobra inks and this thread has been very helpful.

A) One thing I would like to get feedback on, is the difference in the high temp ink, pigment ink, and dye ink.

:huh: I will be using it mainly for t-shirt transfers, but would like to expand to doing flyers, business cards, and other things besides just t-shirts.

C)Do you get good quality transfer on colored t-shirts?  I sell a lot of dark color shirts and would like to be able to transfer to them as well as white.

Thanks for the help!

High temp in for sublimation only - used on special substrates and not for dark colors

pigment is what you want for doing shirts etc with transfer paper - known for its long lasting images

Dye has brighter images but doesn't last a long and will fade over time

Concerning the ink transfer in the 1100.....Does the printer drink inks the way some of Epson's  smaller muti-funtion printers do?

If I get one (I'm leaning heavily toward the 1100) I'll be using it for brochures, advertising samples, price guides, ect., as well as printing decals on vinyl. The CIS system will come later after some revenue kicks in.

Thanks for the feedback.

I printed for 40 shirts with cis and hardly noticed ink moving jhelms

I'm just about sold on this printer. Currently using a Kodak ESP7 (comes with pigment ink) with great results. But I would like to print larger prints.

Those that are using this printer, do you ever have any problems with clogging?

I have not had any problems but I run mine every three days.  Do a search I posted the link for a free program that works great with my XP.  It automatically runs a test sheet.  I have mine set to run every three days but you can pick and choose when you want it to run.  It seems people with 7 and some others could get it to work but I love it...

• Like 1

Does anyone know of the Link to this Cobra Ink guy? I tried searching for it on Google, but it comes up with hundreds of Cobra Ink Products from thousands of providers.

I saw the Epson Workforce 1100 on Amazon for $149, and they also have a CIS for $10.95.

Pigment Ink is the Ink Digital to Garment Printers use. I believe it attaches itself to the Fibers rather than dye them.

Thanks.

Do you know if I'll still be able to print Film (transparencies or vellum) for screen printing with the Epson Workforce 1100?