DIRTRACER

workforce 1100

Guest kenya

Your gonna love it.  :thumbsup:

Did you buy the 1100 from Richard @ Cobra Ink?

Your gonna love it.  :thumbsup:

Did you buy the 1100 from Richard @ Cobra Ink?

:) :)

you will love it have fun

• Like 2

I've been looking at this, how much is the ink cost.Right now I use kodak and I must say it works great, just limited to the print size.Just not sure if the extra cost is worth it.What do u guys think :thumbsup:

I've been looking at this, how much is the ink cost.Right now I use kodak and I must say it works great, just limited to the print size.Just not sure if the extra cost is worth it.What do u guys think :thumbsup:

I have said this many times the ink is very reasonable and I just cant believe how many prints I have done and my tanks weren't even half empty. 

http://cobraink.com/ink.htm

• Like 2

Sorry to hijack the thread,is the optional catch tank worth the extra cost?I see it used to be standard ,but now its optional.Thanks  JP

Office Depot has them for 129. beginning Sunday. I'm thinking of buying one, but also should have scanning abilities.

Mr300 the link you posted, do you have to have a bulk system or can you refill the cartridges that it comes with.Thanks

Guest sciondrgn

Mr300 the link you posted, do you have to have a bulk system or can you refill the cartridges that it comes with.Thanks

You do not have to buy the printer from him but can purchase refillable carts to use with the Stock 1100 if that is what you prefer.

I have 2 myself, I am going to convert my stock 1100 over to a high temp ink with the refillable carts

You do not have to buy the printer from him but can purchase refillable carts to use with the Stock 1100 if that is what you prefer.

I have 2 myself, I am going to convert my stock 1100 over to a high temp ink with the refillable carts

:D :D
  • Like 2

So tell me I am new to this Workforce 1100, how do you convert it to a high temp printer and what are the benefits of doing that. Please I want to learn more.

The high temp in is for sublimation - I am going to try it tomorrow with samples from cobra!

Guest sciondrgn

So tell me I am new to this Workforce 1100, how do you convert it to a high temp printer and what are the benefits of doing that. Please I want to learn more.

You can either send your 1100 to richard and pay him to convert it and install a CIS into it, Or you can buy the refillable carts and bulk ink and do it that way

I have a lowly Canon Workforce 30, but I got it for the Durabrite ink and extra black tank. What made you get the WF 1100? Does it have Durabrite ink as well?

From what I understand Durabrite is good for T-Shirt transfer vinyl isn't it?

You can either send your 1100 to richard and pay him to convert it and install a CIS into it, Or you can buy the refillable carts and bulk ink and do it that way

OK now i'm more confused. When i went to the link I understood it to say the printer was already converted and ready to go.And the ink for 100ml was 10.95 is this correct.Thanks

Concerning the ink transfer in the 1100.....Does the printer drink inks the way some of Epson's  smaller muti-funtion printers do?

If I get one (I'm leaning heavily toward the 1100) I'll be using it for brochures, advertising samples, price guides, ect., as well as printing decals on vinyl. The CIS system will come later after some revenue kicks in.

Thanks for the feedback.

Concerning the ink transfer in the 1100.....Does the printer drink inks the way some of Epson's  smaller muti-funtion printers do?

If I get one (I'm leaning heavily toward the 1100) I'll be using it for brochures, advertising samples, price guides, ect., as well as printing decals on vinyl. The CIS system will come later after some revenue kicks in.

Thanks for the feedback.

I printed for 40 shirts with cis and hardly noticed ink moving jhelms

I agree with J but I think you need the CISS system to see that, but I never had one without ,  but I have heard you get like eight times the amount of ink compared to the stock system and the refill bottles are way cheaper I think I paid like $45.00 for five large bottles of ink and all I do is squeeze them into the tank mounted on the side no syringe or any hassles.

You may want to hold off until you can afford Cobra 1100 with the CISS.  I think you cant go wrong with that.  Based on what I have read you will still like it stock but you will love it with the CISS system.  When it arrives it is already all full of the inks and all you do is plug it in and start printing.

In any case Good luck with it.....

• Like 2

Guest sciondrgn

OK now i'm more confused. When i went to the link I understood it to say the printer was already converted and ready to go.And the ink for 100ml was 10.95 is this correct.Thanks

That is one of the options.. You can

A) Purchase the printer with the CIS Already Installed

:D If you already have an 1100, you can mail it to richard and he will convert/install the CIS for you

C) Purchase the refillable carts to use in a pre-existing 1100

Guest sciondrgn

I have a lowly Canon Workforce 30, but I got it for the Durabrite ink and extra black tank. What made you get the WF 1100? Does it have Durabrite ink as well?

From what I understand Durabrite is good for T-Shirt transfer vinyl isn't it?

The 1100's Uses Durabrite Ultra Pigment Inks from the factory

That rocks. I might upgrade to the WF1100 later. It seems the 1100 just gives you the ability to print on bigger paper, eh?

Guest kenya

Thanks for the feedback.

I printed for 40 shirts with cis and hardly noticed ink moving jhelms

Same here..... I have just barely used the ink out of the tanks, it's wonderful.

Guest sciondrgn

That rocks. I might upgrade to the WF1100 later. It seems the 1100 just gives you the ability to print on bigger paper, eh?

Yuppers, 13x44 max print size :D