Sign in to follow this  
3fishdead

engraving

Hello

I just got my mh721 can you add and engraving kit to this model?How well does it work for t-shirts?

Thank you

Scott

ps.I will be back for help setting it up.

Hello. I have not heard of anybody setting up an engraving kit with this plotter yet, and we have not tested that ourselves so I would have to say no; although it may very well be possible. As far as working with t-shirt transfers we also have not tested that but I do know some of our customers have used these plotters for that purpose. I'd love to hear more feedback from anyone who does either one of these types of work.

I printed two sample t-shirts on hot mark 40 from sign warehouse.Cutting was easy,but the smaller weeding was a long drawn out process.I did find out that when you cut the transfer,it is best to weed the small items before pullling the large outer area.The adhesive carrier is low tack,but your hands,and all of those little areas you weed out will stick to the carrier as well!I have a couple of pics on my plotter art page. It's at:  http://thredz.org/plotter-art.html .I thought about buying a rland engraving attachment to see if my cutter could engrave,but I have been doing other things with the cutter,and I'm in no real hurry.

We can only support cutting vinyl with this plotter but would love to know if something like this does work with our product, so please let us know if you are successful with this add-on kit.

We can only support cutting vinyl with this plotter but would love to know if something like this does work with our product, so please let us know if you are successful with this add-on kit.

since us cutters are so similar to rolands and graphtecs, i am thinking it is possible.  i am interested in getting an engraving kit myself because i think it would be very beneficial.  i am waiting on someone to try it as well to see if it is possible and to see if there are any drawbacks to the machine. 

I think there are a couple people who are interested in trying this so if/when there are some positive results I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Since you guys are all wondering, I went ahead and purchased a kit.  I will let you know when we receive it.

- Marcus

Will you let me know when you get it,and maybe a 4 meg memory upgrade for R2.

Billy, I am sorry about the delay on the upgrade.  I casually requested the upgrade parts from the manufacturer over a month ago and assumed that it was a firm order.  In reality, it wasn't, so I have since gotten a written invoice with your parts itemized, so we should have them in time.  It still may be a while though.

- Marcus