Sign in to follow this  
wwpro

AMAZON - great deal on Epson 1400

hi there

looking for some stuff I came across this deal on AMAZON http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Stylus-Format-Printer-C11C655001/dp/B000MLDPM2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1276491081&sr=8-7

You have to login into your account if you have one, of place the printer in your cart to see the price.

To me it shows like this :

List Price:  $399.99

Price: $168.89 + $19.99 shipping

You Save: $231.10 (58%)

Excellent deal if you ask me, just wanted to pass it along just in case someone is looking for a wide format printer ;)

Be careful with the 1400. It's a great printer at any price; the Claria inks are superb dye-based inks, albeit pricey in the original carts; and produces some excelllent photo quality prints.

Why be cautious???....The Claria inks will (can) dry in the printhead if left unused after a period of 3-4 days and you will have a real mess on your hands. The printhead is almost improbable to remove and clean on your own, and a trip to a Certified Epson Repair shop will ensue. You can run a diagnostic print head cleaning; be prepared to use copious amounts of black, magenta, cyan.

The good side is that there are many Epson and aftermarket inks that can be run in the 1400. Bulk inks are always good and some are rather inexpensive in comparison to Claria. Your choice will be dye, pigment and even sublimation!

If you decide to purchase it, kepp in mind to set your printer to print (a small print job is fine) every three days in order to keep the head clear.

I've owned two of them and love the prints. My mistake was using it on my laptop in a mobile environment (T-shirt transfers in my RV) while my laptop was not always with me. Keep it always on/standby and connected to your workstation and set to print occasionally and you will love it!

-Chase

great advice on the ink drying, I don't print much, but print something just to move the ink, but mine is always ON to be on the safe side.

Dakota, great price too, but the one you posted is a refurbished $10 cheaper than the one I posted but mine one is new.  ;)

Guest sciondrgn

It was showing 189 for me.

I think I'm gonna go with the wf 1100. I'm mainly just going to use it for printing screenprint positives. Any input on it?

Anyone know of a better deal than this? I want a new one in the box.

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Workforce-Inkjet-Printer-C11CA58201/dp/B002HREI0C/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1

You will pay a little more but just get one from Richard @ Cobra.. The CIS system is fantastic

I have a 1400 for my positives and is great, I have not reference to compare it but is a pretty dark black.

Right now I have this one, but really thinking about getting a 1400 or 1100 with CIS for sublimation, that's a shame having to have different printers for different applications. ;)

It was showing 189 for me.

I think I'm gonna go with the wf 1100. I'm mainly just going to use it for printing screenprint positives. Any input on it?

Anyone know of a better deal than this? I want a new one in the box.

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Workforce-Inkjet-Printer-C11CA58201/dp/B002HREI0C/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1

You will pay a little more but just get one from Richard @ Cobra.. The CIS system is fantastic

I have to agree and still pretty new with the 1100 I have already printed hundreds of images on jpss paper and my carts are even half gone yet......

Guest sciondrgn

Really the only advice I can give on print quality is the 1400 will have better blacks (using the dye inks) and overall better tone to your prints..  They both print at the same DPI and are virtually the same printer other than the ink setup. Like I've said in the past it's a photo printer out of the box but getting the CIS with pigment will yield some fantastic results for shirts and vinyl  but the 1100 for the price to print quality is a great deal for doing what we do especially with t-shirts.

Thanks. I'll let you know what I decide to go with. I'll probably just go ahead and spend the extra 40 bucks or so on the 1400, even though I think the 1100 would be plenty good enough for me.

Actually one more question...does the 1400 drink the ink like it's nothing? And is it a lot pricier to keep up than an 1100? Like I said I'll mainly just be using it to print positives in black ink and maybe a few transfers here and there, a photo or two.

Iv'e got 2 1400's ....... never a clogged head ....... got mine from office depot or office max for $149 manager special

I'll probably just go ahead and spend the extra 40 bucks or so on the 1400, even though I think the 1100 would be plenty good enough for me.

The 1400 has a higher definition ink with great photo blacks....you won't be disappointed at all with the print quality.

......does the 1400 drink the ink like it's nothing? And is it a lot pricier to keep up than an 1100? Like I said I'll mainly just be using it to print positives in black ink and maybe a few transfers here and there, a photo or two.

With nominal printing, you should be fine with the Epson carts. I was doing heavy t-shirt printing and found that a CIS was the way to get things done. The difference between Claria (1400) and DuraBrite (1100) besides composition, is a few quarters in cost per cart. The 1400 requires 6 as opposed to the 1100 > 4