MatterBatter

Illustrator CS5+Cutting Master 2+CraftRobo?

The CM2 plug-in worked fine with Illustrator CS4, but I upgraded to CS5 and I'm stuck there for a variety of reasons and would like to get this working again. Apparently the latest version of CM2 does not recognize Illustrator CS5. My cutter is the CraftRobo cc330L-20 purchased from US Cutter.

Help please? Anyone know of CM2 update plans, or other helpful info concerning this? Alternative software that works with Illustrator CS5 and my cutter model?

Is there maybe a way to trick the installer into adding the CS4 plug-in somewhere then copying that to the CS5 installation folder? Would that even have a chance of working?

Thanks!

Update: Reply from Graphtec support:

"Currently the Cutting Master 2 is not compatible with CS5, check back in

Oct. for downloads, thank you"

Ok, has anyone managed to make it work? Through any method? Seems like I tried the DXF export to Robo Master long ago and it had serious problems. I'll try it again but that doesn't seem like a great solution even if it does work.

It's my own fault for not checking before going to CS5, but now I need to make some cuts and could use a solution if anyone has a suggestion.

I saw this same problem on another forum and it may have been you, but the guy ended up going back to CS4.

I use CS3 and I hate that I cant zoom with the mouse roller unless you press the alt key. And its not smooth.

I've been using it fine in CS5 for some time now, I use it on 2 machines, Mac running Snow Leopard and a PC running Windows 7 64-bit both sporting Illustrator CS5 without issue. It just takes a little creative finesse.

Ok, I give - how do you make it work in CS5? It doesn't show up anywhere that I can see.

EDIT: I neglected to mention my OS: 32-bit Windows XPP

I'm having the same problem.  I had CS3 and now CS5 on a new mac.  I'm running with Mac OSX 10.6.2.  When I try to cut in illustrator using the plug in it doesn't even show up.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

What worked for me was having CS4 installed (can be trial or activated) when you install cutting master, it'll detect CS4's installed and confirm to drop the plugin in CS4's Plug-ins folder, after it's done browse to the plug-ins folder and copy CutPlot403 to Illustrator CS5's Plug-ins folder and voila. (You can uninstall CS4 after)

That worked great for me on Windows and OS X.

If you need Illustrator CS4 just download the trial from Adobe.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info Omega. That's pretty much what I originally thought could work (see top post) but after installing CS5 I'm unable to re-install CS4. I get several errors and it's just not happening.

However I was able to grab the AI plugin from the CM2 1.61 installer. Alas, no luck with that either - AI CS5 won't load it, just gives me a plugin error on startup concerning the cutplot.aip and regmarks.aip files. I may be stuck waiting for the CM2 update.

What worked for me was having CS4 installed (can be trial or activated) when you install cutting master, it'll detect CS4's installed and confirm to drop the plugin in CS4's Plug-ins folder, after it's done browse to the plug-ins folder and copy CutPlot403 to Illustrator CS5's Plug-ins folder and voila. (You can uninstall CS4 after)

This definitely works, although I never did get CS4 to reinstall. I recently found the plug-in on-line, unzipped it into the plug-in folder for Illustrator CS5 and it found it right away. Works perfectly. Thanks again for putting me on that path.

This definitely works, although I never did get CS4 to reinstall. I recently found the plug-in on-line, unzipped it into the plug-in folder for Illustrator CS5 and it found it right away. Works perfectly. Thanks again for putting me on that path.

I was hoping that you could let me know where you were able to get the CS4 plug in (or possibly attach it to a message) because I am having the same problem and really need to use CS5 with it.  Thanks in advance

My bad.  it doesn't seem to actually launch cutting master from CS5. Guess Mac users will have to wait.

On the PC you need to have the Cutting Master 2 program installed in addition to copying the plugin into the plugins folder. Couldn't say whether it's the same on a Mac, or maybe you tried that already.

New version of Cutting Master 2 (v1.80) is available for Illustrator CS5.

Support/Driver site:

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/support_cc330_drivers-downloads.html

Direct links:

Windows Cutting Master 2 ROBO v1.80 plug-in to CorelDraw X5 & Illustrator 10-CS5:

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/imaging_software/CuttingMaster2-V1.80/C-Master2forCraftROBO(W)v180.zip

Mac Cutting Master 2 ROBO v1.80 plug-in to CorelDraw X5 & Illustrator 10-CS5

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/imaging_software/CuttingMaster2-V1.80/C-Master2forCraftROBO(M)v180.zip

A while back I tried the copy of the folder CS4 when I installed CS5 and it did not work.  I saw activity here again and I said what the heck. I tried it again and all worked great. Mac OX 10.6.5. There have been a couple of OS updates, maybe something changed in them that allowed it to work.  Anyhow GREAT!!! Now I can get CS4 off my machine.

Now I need to do figure out the problem with printing sublimation images to a GX7000 with the change of the print dialog in CS5 Photoshop. I don't know why Adobe has to mess with a good working print dialog.  They did with Photoshop elements and I had to reinstall the older version.

I saw a link to the plugins in here, but they are no longer at that link. Does anyone have the files that go in the plugins folder? It should be a folder called cutplot430. My problem is that I installed Cutting Master 1.8, and I am trying to use it with Illustrator CS, with Mac OSX 10.4, which it supposedly supports. The program installs, but it doesn't show up in illustrator, & there is nothing in the Illustrator plugin folder. Graphtec support tried to send me these plugins, but they were somehow corrupted, & they're done helping me. Any advice would be great, thanks. I think I just need these plugins.

Hi! I have Illustrator CS5.5 Mac and Cutting Master 2 ( Version 1.8 ) does not work! Does somebody have a working solution? Thank youuuuuu :-)

Hi! I have Illustrator CS5.5 Mac and Cutting Master 2 ( Version 1.8 ) does not work! Does somebody have a working solution? Thank youuuuuu :-)

The solution:

Copy these 4 files in your illustrator 5.5 plug-in directory:

CutPlot.ini

CutPlotCS3.aip

Init.ini

RegMarksCS3.aip

Heres a work around I stumbled upon today:

Go to folder Applications/Cutting Master 2 1.80/Program/Cutting plug-in

Make alias on desktop.

Go to folder Applications/Cutting Master 2 1.80/Program/Cutting Master 2 1.80

Make alias on desktop.

Launch Cutting Master 2 1.80 via the alias

Select Artwork in CS5 and click on <Cutting plug-in> alias on desktop and all should be cool.

Oddly I got it working earlier within CS5 but I have tried reinstalling, moving folders around etc.

Will advise if I get further.

Hi, i have the same problem! I use Adobe Illustrator CS 5.1. CM2 1.81 is installed but the plugin in Illustrator is not install. Is there a way to install the plugin manualy?