Sign in to follow this  
nenemott

New sign for horse farm

Guest Schramm

Well I see a lot of responses to a lot of posts on this site but rarely are they followed up with a picture showing what is meant.  Criticism and the word NO are just parts of business and nothing to cry about.  If you don't like the way it is said, oh well!  Maybe you are misreading it....

I think before you post items for viewing you should simply learn how to center and align as I see it all the time in posts and I rarely say anything but yet the same mistakes are made over and over.  I figured I would say it here but do it where they could see what I am talking about.  I guess we all have to tip toe through the tulips to make people happy and just praise things that look bad, off center and so on to save peoples feelings!  I am sure if we continue to do that they will get better at there new job!

Guest Schramm

Hey Joe,

I figure if you are going to be good at one thing, be good at them all!  Someone at sometime needs to be HONEST!  But I guess that would be bad for cutter sales huh?

no,all we really have to do is be nice,which means not being a jerk.

I think one can be a guru, an expert, the greatest at something, and it is always great to get feedback from the pros, but one doesnt need to be/sound rough, saying stuff nicely is always an option and advices said that way are received better. I will stay out of this from now on as i think it is not worth it.

I think one can be a guru, an expert, the greatest at something, and it is always great to get feedback from the pros, but one doesnt need to be/sound rough, saying stuff nicely is always an option and advices said that way are received better. I will stay out of this from now on as i think it is not worth it.

There are two kinds of people in the world, Joe...Nice guys (like you) and the other kind.

I've seen your work and I know how good you are..you don't need to constantly brag about it.

Guest Schramm

Who is bragging???  I thought the idea of show you work was to "Show your work"?!  Granted I came off a little harsh in my original post but each post by you and Joe on this thread has not been to help him out with new ideas or maybe you two pros laying it out for him as well to give him yet more ideas.  Instead you came on here to tell me how to respond to a post of a pic!  The reason I have responded like this is because the idea of starting a thread is to get help or for someone to look at what he has done and give them pointers as well as praise.  I posed questions to how long he has been in business???  Obviously he is new but I didn't know how new and IF "HE" would of answered me I would of directed him to some videos that would of helped him understand how to do it better. 

I may come off like a jerk to all I don't know and honestly when it comes to stuff like this - I don't care.  Hijacking a thread to tell me that my help wasn't helpful didn't help this guy with anything, it just made him afraid to post.  I put things like pictures on the site to give ideas as well as get feedback and I defiantly do not expect to get praised if you don't like it.  No one is so good that they get praised for everything.  My point in other posts of learning your trade and spending time practicing is what makes me good.  It isn't all just a natural talent!  I toss so much mirror daily that it would make you laugh, but honestly SURE after I finally accomplish the task to the way I saw it I show it to everyone to let them see it.  Does that mean I am bragging?  NO that just means that I wanted to show something that I felt good about.  You don't see me showing the failures or even talking about them as I have to work the mistakes out for myself so that I learn.  That is all I have been trying to say.

Bragging?:thumbsup:? hmmmmm.....  If that is the way you want to take then so be it but for all your time spent doing to me what you are saying about me you could of helped this guy as well!

the only person who said anything about you bragging was YOU.

The customer picked the horse and the wording, and was very happy.  I appreciate all the feedback, as that is how we learn. 

I agree I have a lot to learn, and by the way Dakota, give me the link to the $45 substrate. Here is the link for the dibond http://www.customsignstore.com/blank_signs/blank_signs_from_alumacorr_mdo_plexi

I did not think I would get such a big thread. thanks guys

Guest Schramm

Whatever!  John I like you but you have way too much time on your hands...  Go make some banners or something....  I am not an idiot you and Joe both pretty much made it clear who you were talking about so at least be man enough to admit it!

Whatever!  John I like you but you have way too much time on your hands...  Go make some banners or something....  I am not an idiot you and Joe both pretty much made it clear who you were talking about so at least be man enough to admit it!

I have too much time on MY hands? Who is making posts in paragraphs rather than sentences?

Just so you know, I have a heart condition along with other health issues. If you had been a fregular forum reader you would know this. I work for 15 minutes and I sit down at the computer and rest for 15 minutes. That's the way it is.

and FYI...most of what I say, I am just repeating what I get through PM's and emails.

Yes, I was addressing to you, I wasn't trying to hide it.

I don't want any problems with you or any other member. I don't like your ways in somethings, but you don't have to like me and I don't have to like you.

I think you are extremely talented and good at what you do, that's a different topic, but I don't like how you address to people, with this feeling of greatness.

We can keep our distance if ypu want and never ever interact if you wish, but I think that's just childish, but keeping on with this stupid fight over a damned horse is even more childish.

I' done.

Guest Schramm

John,

I know nothing of your health as I do not frequent any site long enough I just like reading subjects that are interesting and posting when I can.  I am sorry you are in bad health and I do not wish you any harm or misfortune.  I am kinda done so we can let it go...

Joe,

As for you, if you don't like me I will live.  I guess everyone helps in there own way and shows off in there own way as well.  Keep your distance if you want or be my friend it makes no difference to me but much like you I don't pull punches either.

I too am done....

I guess everyone helps in "there" own way and shows off in "there" own way

their is the correct spelling

"The customer picked the horse and the wording, and was very happy."

and,that is really all that counts.

The sign was a good effort and does the job it is meant to do.

as for someone's comment about plywood...I am old enough to remember when that was pretty much all there was for moderate priced signs...and my Nephew is still using plywood signs I lettered 10 years ago. They were properly prepared,as was yours.

When you want advice on signs,ask someone who makes signs.

Guest Schramm

Yeah right, try Signs101, those guys will make me look mild!  Waterproof MDF $42 per 4'x8' sheet and MDO $62 per 4'x8' sheet.  I don't do signs and I know that!  You know you don't have to do signs for a living to know how to make one.  Finish product is supposed to look professional!  I mean you might as well do your business sign on cardboard as if you cannot get proper products then your sign may last longer then your business.

John all I can say to you is you just have to keep it going don't you.  I'll have a sign making contest against you anyway as I really do not think your making signs anymore either.  R U???

I work 7 days a week. I make anywhere from 6-10 banners and 10-40 coroplast every week. Not including lettering vans for a local business and doing storefront lettering.

So,Schramm...screw you.

Guest Schramm

John,

I have to ask... you say 6 days a week and I laugh really hard!  Why?  Because you are on here 3-4 hours a day (self proclaimed just yesterday) and then you say you work 15 and sit 15.  So that means it takes you 6 days to do 1 days work!!!  LOL

Doesn't sound like you are making traditional signs either there bubba!  Coroplast I can buy printed in full color for $4.95 each 1 side or $6.50 both sides and I could do as many as you want in 1 week.  I take care of many politicians during election time.  Banners as well I can get finished in full color for practically nothing, funny thing is I could do do that without leaving the comfort of my computer screen!!!  I defiantly would never have to work 6 days a week for that little bit of work.  You think that you rule the roost just because you are moderator.  Since this subject began I have had well over 40 emails pouring in saying that you are power tripping.  I honestly don't think so!  I just think that you have a need to make other peoples lives as miserable as your own!

Do a google search on banners, business cards and signs and you will find a wholesaler.  I have full color business cards printed for me on both sides including UV protectant for $8 per 1000.  In todays computer age you either stay with the times and have others do it or you work 6 days a week 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off.

See what I mean you don't have to be a sign company to make signs.  I also sell over 100 murals on canvas a month and I don't have to maintain a printer I just design it, lay it out and send the file to another and it shows up on my door the next day!

Guest Schramm

John,

Just another note...  Look up the meaning of NETWORKING and you will see how I get so much done by myself as I have (0) employees yet I am able to get a multitude of things done in the same time you do your coroplast and banners.

and then you say you work 15 and sit 15.  So that means it takes you 6 days to do 1 days work!!!  LOL

Now thats what I call being an asshole! Man, you are so full of shit.

' Since this subject began I have had well over 40 emails pouring in saying that you are power tripping.'

sure you do.

I have to ask... you say 6 days a week and I laugh really hard!  Why?  Because you are on here 3-4 hours a day (self proclaimed just yesterday) and then you say you work 15 and sit 15.  So that means it takes you 6 days to do 1 days work!!!  LOL

your math is lousy as your logic.

there are 12 hours in my workday...9am til 9pm...if I work 15 and rest 15 that means I work 6 hours a day. Also, while I am sitting at the computer I am also designing and cutting. resting means off my feet.

also, the 3-4 hours a day on here is actually an underestimate. I am usually on 2 hours or more during the time you are sleeping.

I would like to request this topic gets closed. It is not worth it and it is WAY off topic.

oh.Mr Schramm..if I was 'power tripping', I would just ban you. I have been asked to.

I would like to request this topic gets closed. It is not worth it and it is WAY off topic.

I usually don't close a topic unless the person who started the topic asks.

However, if a TOS violation occurs, I will do it anyway.

Guest Schramm

Woo Hoo you are so powerful!  Just ban me dillweed its not like your important anyway.

Why don't you post some of your wonderful work, here is some of mine!  I don't just talk!

post-0-12986554508751_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554509558_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554509891_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554510247_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554520093_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554520297_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554520484_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554520655_thumb.jpg