Sign in to follow this  
orbitgrfx

Wrap image to path - illy cs3

It's 4 AM, and I'm in need of help/guidance with my personal logo. The frozen mango daiquiris aren't helping much.....at least with the designing part. Ha!

What I'm trying to accomplish is 'wrapping' the flames along the same path as the arrow.

The flames will replace the arrow in the final draft, and will connect with my rocket in the 50's style logo. It will be used for print (biz cards, brochures) and cut (car and signs).

Any help is greatly appreciated and please get back to me if you need fonts or vectors....I have tons of them.

post-7709-12986554459067_thumb.jpg

post-7709-12986554468476_thumb.jpg

First group all the objects together.  Then, there are a couple ways you can do it, one is with Effect>Distort & Transform> Free Distort.    Or you can do it via Envelope Distort>Make with Mesh and try rotating it different ways and using the Arc and such.  You can also do it with Envelope Distort>Make with Warp and drag and warp it to your hearts content.

I got the best results with the Free Distort.

Thanks midwaste....I'll get right on it. I've tried and posted also in CD as I really need to get this done. As for the flames that you've seen already, do you think the nodes need to be reduced for cutting?

I'll test it all when I'm done with the wrap.

Thanks again.

Chase

It didn't look to me that the nodes needed to be reduced, but the overlap is going to be difficult..

As far as using the Free Distort, it's kind of weird, as it wont "expand" into a regular object like I am used to with Envelope Distort.  This means that the effect is "live" and can be changed back at any time, but I don't really like it for cutting objects, it's not very clean.   Having said that, I copy/pasted it into SB and it showed up as the distorted object, so it should cut ok.

Edit:  I take back the part about the Free Distort.  It changes when you move or rotate the object.  I'm thinking the best way to do it is going to be via Envelope Distort>Distort with Mesh.

I found through trial & error that envelope distort/mesh is going to be the way to finish this. Only two of the ''plumes' will be used, so overlap will not be that big of an obstacle, unless I decide to weld the final and redraw some of the colored detail into the flame.

I'm going to be busy with another paid job today, then plans for a ride with the guys this evening....we all need R/R from this stuff....so at least I'm at the place I need to be with this.

Again, I appreciate your time and guidance on this.