Sign in to follow this  
Larryc39

Blade Pressure, Speed, Offset, etc.

I've poked around the forums some, and it seems everyone tweaks these values.  I'm cutting plain old vinyl, nothing fancy (yet).  Can anyone illustrate me on when/why/how these are used, and what is the preferreed value over the default?

I can't recall what the default pressure was, but after some trial by fire (and a lot of vinyl for testing), I finally settled at a pressure of 65. The other settings I just left alone. I'm sure there are others here that can best guide you as to the pro's and con's of using different values for each option. I am more of the mindset, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." ... but then again I'm a total newbie to cutting.

Good luck.

Try 120-150 for the pressure, and the speed depends on how small you are cutting. Smaller designs and logos would require less speed. Bigger block lettering and the like.....can be cut at higher speeds. Offset only needs to be adjusted if your cuts are not closing completely. Do not adjust this setting if your cuts are closed.

Ok.  I was trying to cut 8-12pt fonts and got some odd results.  I'll slow it down, that makes sense.

On the offsets, Is it possible to have it close too much?

Hello All,

Here are the rules for adjusting pressure, speed and offset.

First Pressure.

Always start off at the lowest pressure and work up until you obtain a clean easily weedable cut.

Blade - how much out of the holder?

Only the smallest amount that will cut correctly.

About the thickness of the vinyl you are cutting.

Speed.

With servo motors cutter you can easily set the speed to the maximum of the cutter.

With stepper motor cutters this is not possible.

Full speed is for drawing layouts with a pen.

For average work about 150mm/sec to 200mm/sec

For small work below an inch i suggest that you try about 80 to 100 mm/sec

The smaller the work the slower the speed.

Offset.

This should never be changed except when you change to a blade with a different offset.

Always use the offset on the blade packet

Hope this helps ---------

Jerry from SignBlazer

Hi,

My O's are not completing when being cut, I notice a lot was mentioned about the offset. I can't seem to find where in the sign blazer to adjust it...

Can this be adjusted within the laserpoint's options? Most text that I am cutting don't seem sharp as well. Let's say block letters...the corners are not sharp. I should post pics.

let me know whats up. thanks-

If you're using SignBlazer, go to the "cutter" screen, then choose the "setup" icon in the menu bar at the top. A dialog box with various settings will come up. About 1/2 way down on the right side you will see offset. Choose .25 - you'll need to type this in, because it operates in increments of .10.

Save the configuration and name it. You'll be prompted to do so. That will take care of offset.

hello,

even with adjustments, I don't see improvements. I will post pics, hopefully it will narrow things down.

If its a software problem, I am determine to get to the bottom of it.

thanks-