Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

First look at a product that we are releasing July 1st! Marble/Granite Glass

Guest Schramm

Hello all, in the past I have only offered this out to our commercial clients as it is costly on smaller scale however we have now decided to offer it to a residential client.  This stuff is glass which has laminations done to it to make it look like real (not kidding) stone!  You seriously cannot tell the difference close up or at a distance but the cost is a fraction of the real thing.  We can intermix this with our antique mirror and or our colored mirror for seriously unique looks.  What makes this really really cool is that I can sandblast designs into it which really sets it off.

post-0-12986554455444_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554455842_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554456348_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554466271_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298655446649_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554466901_thumb.jpg

Hey, that looks like a cameo white 874 Corian integrated sink and Mont Blanc or Platinum color corian countertops.  Sorry, I have been building and installing those things for the past ten years.  I actually program CNC's to cut them out now. 

BTW man, that glass looks amazing!  I have to imagine that would be a whole lot cheaper then the special order marble and granite we order.  Not to many people go full splash with marble and granite because it cost too much and then you come along and offer this.  Great looking stuff man!  I hope it takes off for you for sure. ;)

Guest Schramm

Yeah it took off a while ago on commercial settings but this is brand spanking new for residential.  In the past I was thinking that the orders wouldn't accommodate cost of the sheets however I have found that I have been getting requests on large scale projects.  Cost for this is about $65 per sf fabricated (fabricated = edgework done but not holes).  We also supply matching outlet and switch plates.  Got a order today for a 85 sf backsplash in the kitchen, 25 sf bs in the master bath and 2 areas in there bar.  This is a great alternative to mirror.

As far as the counter and the sink I have no idea as I don't sell them that just glass and antique mirror glass.  I also have a full line (8 colors) of colored mirror, 12 colors of backpainted glass (however I can color match anything) and starting July 5 I will also be offering antique colored mirror!  I have spent a while perfecting the antiqued color mirror but it is going to take peoples breath away!

Now all I need is 5 more of me!

Didn't figure you would know what type of counter that was.  ;)

You have doing some amazing things with the mirrors.  I always enjoy seeing your work on here.  Keep up the great work.

Oh, and I hear you on the 5 of me.  When you find where to pick some up let me know. ;)

Guest Schramm

Yeah I will I am trying to be cloned as we speak!

Guest kenya

That is an awesome process Schramm.  ;)

What are you getting for the square foot price?

Is that glass tempered?  I'm be shocked that someone would choose a glass product for a backsplash that isn't tempered.

Pretty damn amazing how authentic it looks! 

$65/sf is pretty pricey, considering installation is going to bring the cost pretty damn close to real stone in most cases.  A friend of mine does concrete countertops @ around $75/sf and he's realizing that the market prices aren't always realistic in all but a few specialty cases.

Guest Schramm

I can't explain to you how much different my business is then most.  Not that I am better then anyone else but that my drive in business is to be 100% unique!  I deal mainly with extreamly high end clients and honestly you would be shocked how much they pay for things!

Every single client that I have sends me clients and I do business all over the USA and hardly any local business.  I do not pay any advertising yet my website gets 2000 unique visitors a month.  I do YouTube videos and spend many hours keeping my site up to date so I stay #1.  While there are other companies throughout the USA that sell antique mirror I am the one that make most of it.  Now with the addition of back painted glass and marble/granite glass I will be totally unique.  I am also the only one of my competition that does fabrication.

When I post on here time and time again about being unique in your business it is for good reason that I say it.  Personally if I did signs I would hand paint them and never use vinyl and I would techniques that would make people take a double take each time they see one of my signs!

Marble glass is $65-75 per sq ft before fabrication and I can tell you that I already have designers begging me for samples.  People that I deal with spend money and don't mind the extra cost.  IMO this stuff is much better then granite or marble.

By the way glass is never tempered on wall applications.  Tempering is more commercial and done in residences for things such as shower and patio doors, shower surrounds, glass railings and such.

Maybe we should get a thread going on making your business unique and I and other experienced businessmen and women can really give pointers.  I've been in business for myself since I was 20 and have made a ton of mistakes along the way that I read about here.

Let me know...

Rob

I have to say that you are quite inspirational. Everything you do is amazing and the fact that you started at age 20 makes me feel like i should have started sooner. Im 22 and just starting my business. When you have a product as unique as yours and making that good of a living, youve got it made. Keep up the amazing work!! Shock and awe baby, shock and awe! Lol

Guest Schramm

Thanks a lot.  I started in the trades at age 12 in the summers with my grandfather and uncle.  While all my friends were playing sports I was learning everything I could so that someday I could be a versital in all things in the trades.  I started watching bob Vila from the time I was 9 and built my first club house when I was 10.  I guess you can say that this stuff is in my blood, as nothing really interests me other then my business and my family.  My daughter is now 10 and she is in 4 different art classes which include 2 with me gilding and decorative painting and 2 with another artist which is graphic arts and murals.  I have never forced her hand once, she asked me if she could do it starting when she was 4.  I will have to post some of her stuff sometime.

I have always had a belief that if you want to be the best at what you you must constantly practice.  When you fail, try again but make note of the failure as to not do it again.  Never ever quit, never say you can't do it and never think you are going to fail.  While things are never perfect you have to make them that way and stand behind everything that you do.  I cannot tell you how many things I have tossed until I taught myself and got it right.  If you plan from the start to fail, you will!  However if you believe in  yourself and put in all your effort your work will show it.

I developed a philosophy long ago, if I wouldn't be happy with how can I expect my customer to be.  If you put your heart into each job you will land on your feet every time.  Always keep in the back of your mind that that money should be the last reason to do this.  Money will come in time, trust me!