ramy

CE5000-60 Contour Cutting Help Needed using CMP add-on in Illy CS3

After reading all the threads and watching the videos, I'm at my wits end with contour cutting.  ;)

I know I must be missing something very obvious, but after a few nights of trying different things, it just can't be this tough.

I am attaching a Illustrator CS3 file  that I am trying to contour cut for practice. I've tried moving it around on the sheet 8.5x11 and cannot get the CE5000 to find the registration marks. It seems to find the first one, but then seems to get lost. Then the MarkError id displayed on the lcd on cutter. If anyone out there is using CS3 with Cutting Master Pro add-on and has time to look at this file and point out the error of my ways, it would definately be appreciated.

I've gone thru alot of papilio paper trying different things, that I actually started using just plain paper and removed the cutting blade to observed the ARMS process.

Thanks in advance.

skier_test2.ai

skier_test2.ai

Ahhh..Came across this on Graphtec Website, will have to try this tonight.

"Mark Scan Error"   

When using Cutting Master 2 plug-in for your cutting job:

Cutting Plotter Language MUST BE CHANGED to Language GPGL.

All cutting plotters, except for the FC8000, MUST BE MANUALLY CHANGED from HPGL to GPGL in order for the software, computer to recognize the machine through Cutting Master 2.

Guest sciondrgn

If you using Robo cutting master it will change it automatically ;)

Ahhh..Came across this on Graphtec Website, will have to try this tonight.

"Mark Scan Error"     

When using Cutting Master 2 plug-in for your cutting job:

Cutting Plotter Language MUST BE CHANGED to Language GPGL.

All cutting plotters, except for the FC8000, MUST BE MANUALLY CHANGED from HPGL to GPGL in order for the software, computer to recognize the machine through Cutting Master 2.

here is the User manual for Cutting Master software,  (Page 2 )  Under,,, BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE SOFTWARE....you must have your cutter on GPGL mode. 

http://www.graphteccorp.com/craftrobo/support/program/Cutting_Master_CraftROBO.pdf

Thanks Claw, I noticed that a few weeks ago, had some issues with it finding the registrations automatically, but could tell it where to start manually for the contour cutting. Just getting back to figuring out the contour cutting. Your video made it look easy :-)

Trial and error.

Thanks

Speedoggy,

Thanks. Had to bring up reading the manual..lol

I just printed it off last night to review and haven't had the chance yet.

Appreciate the reposnse.

Thanks Claw and Speed, that did the trick.

Question, Can I leave it in that mode or will I need to change it back when I use Signblazer?

One common issue we have seen with Graphtec contour cutting involves the registration marks being placed too close to the actual cut. We have found by pulling away the registration marks from the image the machine can better recognize the marks. Our typical rule of thumb for placing the registration marks would be about 1" at the minimum from the image. This also will depend on how large the image is, and what the dimensions of the sheet you are using. What size of media are you using?