Sign in to follow this  
boosted

Seiki sk870t

anyone else have one of these? I got one last week from a friend for free, didn't expect it to work at all. I bought a blade holder and a usb to serial cable(radio shack) and just put everything together tonite. I must say I am impressed, it is quieter and seems to be more accurate than my Pcut. I just cut letter that were .215 tall, something I could not do with my pcut, and they came out great! If this thing keeps cutting like this the pcut might be for sale soon. I have no idea how old this thing is, but it is decent shape. Is there anything to look out for with this machine?

I have heard positive things about the Seiki plotters - never discount an older model if it is a solid unit.  I had a Graphtec FC4100 for a month and was very impressed with it.  If I upgrade my ce5000 it will be to a fc machine, the older machine impressed me that much.

The 870T's model just came out a few years ago.   I have an 850 H,  that I bought in '06, 870T is the newer version. They sell the 870T version right now.  That was my first cutter.  I still have it, but don't use it,  but it was a great cutter and made me alot of money.  That is where I got aquainted with Flexistarter, Seiki bundles it with their cutters.  Great little cutter, great price.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/34-NEW-VINYL-CUTTER-PLOTTER-Flexi-8-CONTOUR-24-25-36-/130397907686?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5c522ae6

* bump *

Looking through the SignBlazerElements (UK) list of machines, nothing in there shows "Seiki" (sk870t) -- what's the alternative cutter brand name to use for it?  I know usually Roland drivers work OK for a lot of different cutters, but is there something more specific to this unit?

* bump *

Looking through the SignBlazerElements (UK) list of machines, nothing in there shows "Seiki" (sk870t) -- what's the alternative cutter brand name to use for it?  I know usually Roland drivers work OK for a lot of different cutters, but is there something more specific to this unit?

I think the brand name is JiaChen.        But SeikiTech sells them..Under Seiki name.

I used the masterxy something or another drivers.I can look when I get to shop to verify. The machine is very similar to the SC models but a few differences. I have one here works identical to the master and SC models. I have a carriage i got from US cutter off a sc on mine which is Identical to the master. 

Once again these are not new. Just rebranded, I bought my first one of these models a long time ago and they have not changed. 

Thank you, I believe that the Master/LiYu drivers will indeed work, if I decide to purchase that Seiki machine.

(I have an opportunity to get one for under $300)

I'm just hoping it's quieter than the SC. 

Mine was similar to my Master not crazy loud but def. not a top of line. I used to have the Master set up in my 14' box van and when I did flea markets all the kids would stop by because it sounded like an arcade game.

I have a Seiki 8 years old and still chugging away with no service except a new cutting strip once.damn good machine for the money. I wish USC would carry them.

There is a Chinese manufacturer which produces them in Blue.

The distributor will ship a 34" unit direct from Shanghai to anyone who wants one for just $460.

Very cool looking.

cnc-plasma-cutting-machines-16336-352370

BannerJohn, you're using the Master/Liyu drivers? (SBE)

------------------------------

oops, wrong linked image up there above --

This is the right one:

$T2eC16V,!zQE9s3ssWGRBRrBBqTnb!~~60_1.JP

Edited by slice&dice

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

One of these days, I'll just switch over to Flexi and start using that REAL Design/Cutting program and move away from the cartoonish SignBlazer.

One of these days....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

One of these days, I'll just switch over to Flexi and start using that REAL Design/Cutting program and move away from the cartoonish SignBlazer.

One of these days....

Once you try it you will never go back. I've tried them all and it's always back to Flexi. I used the FlexiStarter for 2 years with Inkscape and it was all I ever needed.

• Like 1

I agree I still use Flexistarter for my cutting software,  but I got a GREAT deal on Flexidesigner10 last year. 

Terrific deal --  $415 delivered for a brand new unit with the software ----

But it's not BLUE!!!!!

Decisions, decisions.

Colorplace spray paint 99 cents at Wal Mart. Comes in a bunch of colors, even blue. :rolleyes::lol:

If you purchase a New  34"  Seiki  they provide Flexistarter 10 with it.  And FREE ship

http://seikitech.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3&zenid=bjv2a090vvp4tjtq06nih2rpq4

so plotter and flexi 10 for $414 - or just buy flexistarter 10 from usc for $395 for just the software - something is messed up - especially since flexistarter 10 can be found for $150 or less

what's the matter,Slice..afraid you will lose it if it's not a bright color?

so plotter and flexi 10 for $414 - or just buy flexistarter 10 from usc for $395 for just the software - something is messed up - especially since flexistarter 10 can be found for $150 or less

If Seiki is still doing it.  The Flexistarter 10 that is provided with the Seiki machine has ONLY Seiki drivers.   That is how my Flexistarter was with my Seiki machine.  It does not include other vinyl cutter drivers.

• Like 1

Colorplace spray paint 99 cents at Wal Mart. Comes in a bunch of colors, even blue. :rolleyes::lol:

On plastic, I would have to use Krylon FUSION spray.

Regular spray paint is certainly not a good idea on plastics. 

:P

"what's the matter,Slice..afraid you will lose it if it's not a bright color?" -- BannerJohn

The more I think about it, the more I need to consider that Kryon paint

26389940245_medium.jpg