Sign in to follow this  
wnt4it

Epson 1100 vs 1400

Question.... If you were buying a sublimation printer would you choose Epson 1100 or 1400/why?  I read a blog the other day (TShirt Forum) that Epson printers were changing the circuit boards making it more difficult to use ink other than their own?:)??

Also, what is the name of transfer paper that is like vinyl (this is for heat pressing) 3G opaque paper?:)

Also, what type of vinyl is recommended for printing (not for heat pressing)

I'm done THANK YOU :);):)  Sorry so many questions. 

This little hobby is costing me a fortune; but at least I'm having fun....  Nothing like spending your kids inheiritance. LOL

Ricoh gx7000 for sublimation

Workforce 1100 for printing on vinyl and tshirt transfers

Neenah Paper Inc.  3G opaque is correct for heat press on darks JPSS for lights

Sihl 3988 for printing on vinyl

remember the sublimation ink will not be food for anything except sublimation.

Check out cobra inks for the 1000 already converted to bulk ink

Thank you again.  One day I "may" have this all down....  My old eyes get sore from all the research....

Cobra inks does have a heat ink - that they say is sublimation ink but they cannot use the term sublimation as Sawgrass has the rights to that.  Nobody I know of has tried it and I requested a sample printed with it 3 months ago and still haven't got any from him.  He stated he hadn't put together a printer with the heat ink yet.  the way his other products work I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work and this printer and ink set up cost less than 1 set of inks for my gx7000!

Hi, wondering why the 1100 with 4 colors is better than the 1400 with 6? Is is because the other two colors are more "photo" colors' or just economy? Seriously looking at one of these from Cobra and still trying to figure out which one...... ;) The 1900 is nice but so pricey! Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with this...... Renee

Hi, wondering why the 1100 with 4 colors is better than the 1400 with 6? Is is because the other two colors are more "photo" colors' or just economy? Seriously looking at one of these from Cobra and still trying to figure out which one...... ;) The 1900 is nice but so pricey! Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with this...... Renee

the 1400 originally ships with dye inks is the big difference but with cobra you can get it set up with pigment inks.  the thing that has been pushing the 1100 is it ships with pigmant inks to begin with and it is cheaper than the 1400

Guest sciondrgn

The 1400 is a better photo printer but both can be outfitted with pigment if you wish to do so

+ 1 on cobra ink I made 40 shirts on jpss for light colored last week on gildan sports grey they turned out great, my first big job and I couldnt ask for any better results by the way I was using epson 1100 pigmented ink bulk system and pressing with a Sunie hope this helps jhelms

I have a 1400 that i purchased from staples when it was on sale for $199. I also received an additional $50 off the price for a trade-in of a broken old inkjet i had laying around.  I also took the original ink cartridge and the adobe elements that came with the printer and sold them on fleaBay for $50 (wasn't planning on using them anyway). This printer cost me $100. I also purchase from Cobra 6 refillable cartridges and 6 pigment ink bottles for $80.

Net Net $180 for the a pigment 1400 and enough ink to fill the carts I'm guessing about 20 times ea. I will say the printer loves to drink its photo cyan and magenta from the JPG photos i print.

I did this about 4 months ago and seen the printer on sale for the same price twice seance.

Thanks for all the great information.  I've copied all the comments and will use as reference for picking my printer.

This forum is wonderful... ;):thumbsup: