Sign in to follow this  
tomcat17

Newbie needs help with a question please!!!

Hello everyone, My wife and I purchased a cutter to do decals for my racecars.  We are using signblazer and every time we try to download an image from this sight we get it into our file folder on signblazer we double click on it to try and cut it. when we click on the cutter option a message appears that says this drawing contains a bitmap. Only other objects will be cut and the bitmaps will not be cut. I hit the ok button it takes me to my cutter page and nothing appears on the cutter diagram. Can someone please help before I run this computer over with my racecar.  :) Thank you

You cannot cut bitmaps with your plotter. You must convert the image to vector in order to cut it. It's usually an .eps file, sometimes .svg.

Could you clarify what cutter you are using? Besides Signblazer, what are you using for creating vectors?

This is a good forum to frequent, especially being new to the craft. There's many good people here to help you along.

You cannot cut bitmaps with your plotter. You must convert the image to vector in order to cut it. It's usually an .eps file, sometimes .svg.

Could you clarify what cutter you are using? Besides Signblazer, what are you using for creating vectors?

This is a good forum to frequent, especially being new to the craft. There's many good people here to help you along.

I am using an MH 721 by US Cutter, also i am using inkscape for creating vectors. I'm not sure how to change the extention files such as .jpg to .eps or.svg  If someone could help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thank you

If you down load something fron the graphics  area make sure that you down load the eps file not the jpeg

also any thing created in a new version of ai will not open in sb. version 8 or older