Sign in to follow this  
mpressive

Laserpoint blade offset setting?

I'm having a hard time with letters not closing.  I have read that adjusting the offset will help but I can't seem to find the setting on my LaserPoint.  Any help will be appreciated.

I was just about to ask a similar question...I think we have the same root problem so I'll ask in this thread. 

Sometimes when I cut things, The closing point of the object, IE where the blade comes back to itself in a circle closes poorly or badly.  The blade seems to make a small pucker when it hits the pre-cut area and I end up with hard-to-weed items with a small mark where the blade meets up.  Not always, but most of the time it does this.  Also affects the look of the cut object slightly.  The manual thing that was on the CD mentions adjusting compensation, I think that's it, but not how to adjust it in Signblazer.  Some small text and shapes come out distorted as well.

Ps this happens both with my blade at the correct height and also when it was cutting through the backing paper.  The blade is clean of any vinyl buildup (that I can see), but it is annoying

If you're using SignBlazer, go to the "cutter" screen, then choose the "setup" icon in the menu bar at the top. A dialog box with various settings will come up. About 1/2 way down on the right side you will see offset. Choose .25 - you'll need to type this in, because it operates in increments of .10.

Save the configuration and name it. You'll be prompted to do so. That will take care of offset.

I have tried adjusting this as well, I don't see it fixing the problems. My laser point plotter will not cut my block fonts clean. The corners are rounded vs. a nice 90 degree cut...A lot has been mentioned regarding offset, but still no success. How about overcut?

If you are using SignBlazer this sounds as if you definitely have the wrong offset.

It should be 0.25

Check again to make sure this is correct

In SignBlazer you do not worry about overcuts

This is automatically adjusted in SignBlazer according to the sign of the objects.

If it was fixed amount as in other sign software then it often not enough or too much for other objects.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

My laserpoint cuts fine in SB but if I use Flexi 7.6 it will only let me adjust the offset between 0.000 and 0.010

DID YOU GUYS GET THAT PROBLEM FIXED OF THE CUTTER NOT CLOSEING WHERE IT STARTS.

I'M STILL TRYING TO GET MINE TO CLOSE.

TALK TO KEN AT US CUTTER AND HE SENT ME A NEW HOLDER BUT THAT WASN'T THE PROBLEM.

STILL KEEPS CUTTING INWARDS. WHEN I DO A BOX. AND LEAVES A LITTLE BIT ON LETTER AND STUFF MAKES IT HARD TO WEED.

PULLING UP THE STUFF.

HELP

DID YOU GUYS GET THAT PROBLEM FIXED OF THE CUTTER NOT CLOSEING WHERE IT STARTS.

I'M STILL TRYING TO GET MINE TO CLOSE.

TALK TO KEN AT US CUTTER AND HE SENT ME A NEW HOLDER BUT THAT WASN'T THE PROBLEM.

STILL KEEPS CUTTING INWARDS. WHEN I DO A BOX. AND LEAVES A LITTLE BIT ON LETTER AND STUFF MAKES IT HARD TO WEED.

PULLING UP THE STUFF.

HELP

Give me a call tomorrow then, and I will check your software configuration and if we can't figure it out, it may need a part or replacing.

I am using SignCut X-2, and the default of 0.30 for the blade offset. I can just barely see the blade extending out of the blade holder. I've not cut a ton of stuff yet .. but have cut some "hours of operation" window signs, most letters about 1/2" and have had no problems at all. I set the blade, stuck it in the cutter, and got really, really, really lucky in my estimation.