Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey06

Campaign Signs

I'm making some big 4' x 8' Coro signs for a local campaign. Do I need to put the "Paid for by..." at the bottom of this sign? Anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks

yes you do or they will be taken down. also make sure that you get the correct wording or you might as well not have wasted your time.

yes you do or they will be taken down. also make sure that you get the correct wording or you might as well not have wasted your time.

Interesting, here in illinois ive never seen that on the bottom of signs. I wonder if its different from state to state.

I noticed one had this "POL.AD.PD.BY.XX.XXX". They had it short worded on the signs.

I aint a lawyer or campaign expert but do some campaign lit printing and every state has its own rules. it is up to the campaign to comply NOT the printer. It always good to add value and inform your customers if they miss it.

It is my understanding that in Tennessee where you are located the Code States that basically anything that advocates for the election or defeat of a candidate or solicits a contribution shall have the paid for by disclaimer on it. This would include something as small as a business card. There are exceptions to the rule in subsection (3). It states that bumper stickers, pins, buttons, pens, novelties and similar small items which a disclaimer cannot conveniently be printed on are exempt from the requirement.

FEDERAL CANDIDATES: Must have the "Paid for by Whatever the Official Name of their Campaign Is" for instance "Paid for by Billy Bob for US Senate" (no quotes).

you may want to Google "Tennessee Code

Thanks slacker. I'll be printing and adding these to my big signs I made for the guy tonight.

no problem Glad to help. Hope to see them in a show your work post

I'm making some big 4' x 8' Coro signs for a local campaign. Do I need to put the "Paid for by..." at the bottom of this sign? Anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks

Shouldn't the candidate or their representative paying for the sign already be aware of your rules and cognizant of this decision?

In our state it is illegal to place political campaign signs within the right of way of any State or Federal Hwy.

Yet in our area during the primary, the biggest offenders were the candidates for Sheriff. :thumbsup:

Shouldn't the candidate or their representative paying for the sign already be aware of your rules and cognizant of this decision?

In our state it is illegal to place political campaign signs within the right of way of any State or Federal Hwy.

Yet in our area during the primary, the biggest offenders were the candidates for Sheriff. :thumbsup:

I'm not getting paid by the Candidate really... Contributor to the campaign is paying.