Jeffrey06

Graphtec Setup- Now questions!

Ok. I got my graphtec setup and turned on. I haven't even tried to cut yet..

I'm trying to figure out this auto media deal. I've tried Roll 1 & 2. I have some cheap 15" Material loaded to test cuts etc, but my problem is the machine won't let me drag the origin point all the way over to the corner of the vinyl ( I wants to start about 1 1/2" from the edge.)

That is my first question.. I'll continue with more after I get this issue solved..  :thumbsup:

Make sure you place your rollers just inside the edge of your vinyl. The cuttable area is between the 2 rollers.

it reads where the rollers are so if the rollers are not on the edge it won't let you go over any further

what version of flexi are you running?

8.1 I believe.

I was looking for  the option for it to send the data over for the material dimensions automatically.

I went to 8.6 and love it - seems more stable than the 8.1 was - contact your rep about upgrading

Guest fivestar

Not to go off topic, but WOW  :thumbsup:;D ;D have any of you put it on the fastest speed and cut something?  Holy Toledo that thing fricken zooms.

Not to go off topic, but WOW  :thumbsup:;D ;D have any of you put it on the fastest speed and cut something?  Holy Toledo that thing fricken zooms.

I have mine set on 10 right now.. And that is fast! I couldn't imagine turning it up.

When I first tried it was on 20, take about a fast test cut.  ;D

Guest fivestar

Turn her up to 60 and watch her go.  :thumbsup:;D ;D

I have an 8000-75 series. How accurate will it cut at 60+ speeds? Mines go up to 105. I'm afraid cut vinyl may slang off...it is fast.

Guest fivestar

I cut 6" numbers on 60 last night and it was "dead on".

Im also in the learning curve of this cutter. This past weekend I learned about the "Roll 1, Roll2 and Sheet". :thumbsup:

Was about to pull my hair out trying to figure out what it was pre feeding out 3 ft. when I had a roll loaded. Yes it was on "Sheet". Duh.

And then I learned where to set what pen or cutter is going to be used.  Yes, it was set on "Pen" and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't close a "o". ;D

Came to me set on 30 feed so I moved it to 20. Good grief. I cant imagine 60!

I love this cutter.

I bought 3 of the aluminum blade holders on Ebay for $19 a piece.

That is funny. I had to read about the Roll 1 and Roll 2. You can change your Pre-feed not to roll out 3 feet. I set mines to 2 feet. But let me know how those Aluminum blade holders work for you. I use a 1.5mm Red Tip but want to pick up a 09 Blue tip.

I have one of the aluminum holders I use for my metalics blade - works great!

How does the auto tracking work? I'm getting ready to do some 8ft long decals..

Any info on this? I'm going to start these tonight for my big coro signs.

What is auto tracking? - I've heard of auto tracing (contour cutting) but not auto tracking. . . .with the graphtec you should have NO problem with tracking

What is auto tracking? - I've heard of auto tracing (contour cutting) but not auto tracking. . . .with the graphtec you should have NO problem with tracking

Ok, I see now.

Just line it up by the lines on the plastic front?

But let me know how those Aluminum blade holders work for you. I use a 1.5mm Red Tip but want to pick up a 09 Blue tip.

When I saw how much Graphtec was asking for their plastic holders I immediately went looking for alternatives. :thumbsup: