Sign in to follow this  
tinaski

who here rides? bmw?

I am just wondering who else rides?

i owned an suzuki intruder 1400 for a long time just like the one below and loved it. i sold it a 2 years ago to up grade for a full dresser touring but i never did. NOW is the time i am looking at either the BMW K1200LT or ROYAL STAR VENTURE. i did test drive a RS but i haven't been on a BMW yet so just looking for opinions.

post-4970-12986554255111_thumb.jpg

post-4970-12986554255499_thumb.jpg

post-4970-12986554255787_thumb.jpg

post-4970-12986554269164_thumb.jpg

post-4970-12986554269408_thumb.jpg

post-4970-12986554269597_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

never owned one, but it is a smooth long distance machine with great quality and well built unit.

I do!  I have a 2008 K1200GT.  Same K bike frame, engine, and transmission as the LT. 

LOVE IT!

It's my 6th bike.  Best bike for sure.  Lots of power.  Very smooth shifting.  I would only change one thing - the way my side cases open from the side.  But the cases on the LT are different.  Not sure how they open?

I ride a 2006 honda vtx 1300 like it for 100 or less miles not comfy looking to get a harley street glide soon as this recession picks up jhelms

Here's mine.

how tall are you?

how does it do on 2up - when i take my bike out i usually dont go alone

I've owned a handful of bikes... here's jst a few that I've either owned or raced on.

14367_170117369075_675524075_2662724_7470409_n.jpg

29108_389790760879_538275879_4574286_5796187_n.jpg

n538275879_1541470_8568.jpg

n538275879_1541460_5936.jpg

n538275879_1541462_6490.jpg

n538275879_1541463_6691.jpg

n538275879_1557533_8868.jpg

there is alot of nice looking bikes there do you still race ?

I'm 5' 8".  With the seat set in the lowest position, it's just right.  2 up is good on this bike.  I've got the optional rear case, which has a backrest for the passenger.  The GT's transmission is adjusted in the lower gears to handle the extra weight of a passenger.  The LT probably is too.

I also installed an optional handlebar riser, and intercom system.

I like the looks of the LT, but I've been too nervous to climb on one.  I've never been on a bike that heavy before.

That's cool if its not too much trouble and if you want to feel free to email some pics of the bike and what you have done to it.

The intruder that I had was heavier than the LT - I am really exited about it the only down side is I can't find anything with in 4-6 hrs away so wife said find one we will fly there and drive it home - little does she know I'm look at some that is about 20 hrs away

I'm 6 foot she is 5'10" it don't sound like height should be a problem -

I have seen some that are all decked out - cd intercom mp3 satellite radio I don't need all that intercom would be nice and the heated suits would be nice also

Is the heated hand grips and heated seats standard option? I see that on a lot of them but not all of them have that listed just wondering if its not listed does that mean anything

I am working everyday till about aug so after this outage I will be really looking hard for one

Thanks for you input

I'm 6 foot she is 5'10" it don't sound like height should be a problem -

Is the heated hand grips and heated seats standard option? I see that on a lot of them but not all of them have that listed just wondering if its not listed does that mean anything

Yeah, height won't be a problem for you.  When I first got mine, it was little too tall for me, (about 1/2 inch) but now that I've broken in the seat, no problem.

GT is 650 pound with fuel.  LT?  Not positive.

The heated grips and seats are listed as an option, but I've never seen one without it.  I think they use that illusion when they're new, so they can list the "base price".

When I get a chance, I'll snap some photos for you.

I ride a 2006 honda vtx 1300 like it for 100 or less miles not comfy looking to get a harley street glide soon as this recession picks up jhelms

I ride a Shadow Aero 750 as a transportation bike back and forth to work. Nice mileage and rides well enough.

What specifically did you find wrong with the VTX? I was actually looking to upgrade to that and pass the bike down the Aero to the wife since it fits her perfectly.

Honda Goldwing here  :thumbsup: the last one I owned had 147K. I sold it for parts, then the new owner called me up for the title. He actually got it running and registered it

Guest Marek

I ride a Vn900 ,never been on a Beemer but I hear they are super smooth ! :thumbsup:

this is mine .

0DSC_0642.jpg

0DSC_0613.jpg

You know with the BMW there is the added expensive of not only the matching helmet & saddlebags; but also a whole new BMW wardrobe to coordinate with the bike.....  :thumbsup:

o i know that but compair the extra cost to anything -

HD isnt cheap either

beemer car extras and parts are not cheep

well not that i think of it just about anything that is name brand is expensive

it cost alot of money to put there logo on anything

i have found a few that i am very interested in so i cant wait till next month that is when i will have time to go look or get one -  right now the ones that i like will not be there so it a waiting period now

I do!! A 2000 Road King here.

very nice i like the ape hangers

Thanks, I love them! It is very comfortable, and rides like a dream with them. I did the paint myself PPG dbu 9700 Gloss black base, And laid out the bar and shield, and the tribal flames with house of color silver marbelizer.

I've had a bunch of bikes. Currently I have a 2005 Yamaha R1 (Raven/black). Love it. I also have a smart car. The smart has gotten plenty of love from my decal interests!

Nothing like riding...and being able to cut your own decals for your bike is great.

thanks everyone i am glad to see so many riders out there

i am still working alot of hrs i still dont have time to get mine the k1200lt is a very hard bike to find.

but i am still looking i will fined one soon