barrypatch

Signblazer cuts fine for first image, then freezes on second

I am having a horrible time with Signblazer.  I can cut an image,without any trouble.  I will try to cut the same image again (I either changed vinyl color or am using up scraps) and it freezes.  It says cutting tile, but then I get the not responding.  I try to end the task in task mgr and it won't stop.  I end up having to reboot with Signblazer loaded.  I have tried everything I can think of.  I am not doing much on that computer but cutting vinyl and internet, so I am not sure if it's the computer or program.

I have a laserpoint 24" and connect via USB.  I have had the trouble for a few days.  Both the computer and vinyl cutter have been shut down completely several times.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Nan

Can you post the file you're having trouble with - perhaps we can see something there?  A couple things come to mind though; graphic is VERY large and is more than the cutter's memory can handle.  Or, something to do with the "origin" on the cutter (any Laserpoint users out there?). Or, the communication settings are not correct (wrong speed, etc.). Or, it's the USB.  I think the USB connections are notoriously problematic.

I have a feeling it's the computer.  I can't even get it to boot properly now.  My nephew will be here tomorrow and is an IT guy, I am going to have him look at it.  He has used my cutter, also.  I hope we can get it fixed, I can use one of my laptops in the meantime, I have everything set up on one.

It has done this on more than one design.  I am hoping it will be better tomorrow after he is here.  I am ready to buy a new pc for the cutter, I am using one of my old desktops and it's not been real stable.

Thank you, I will update tomorrow.

used xp computers still work great and you can find them very reasonable on EBAY.  XP is very stable.  I run mine on XP with an extra xp laptop as a back up. 

I hooked my laptop up and the first design did great, started the second and it started cutting and the control panel says "waiting."  I waited, nothing happened so I shut it off.  Tried again and same thing.

I am attaching the design, cutting t-shirt vinyl, my laptop is Windows 7

Any ideas what is wrong?  I have never had this trouble before.  I am going to cut a few decals I need and see if the same thing happens.

2010 Relay.SBD

2010 Relay.SBD

maybe if you posted it as an .eps file more people could look at it,  alot of people on here don't us Signblazer, including me. 

The problem is that there are probably way too many nodes.  I'll try to cut that tomorrow and see what happens on my machine.

i had the same issue. total usb problem, switched back to serial and was fixed.

Had the same issues until I switched to a serial to usb adapter

I have the same problem from time to time.  I have noticed it more on heat press vinyl.  I thought maybe it was due to static in the heat press vinyl.  It seems to have a lot when it comes off the roll.  Don't know why but it also does it on regular vinyl sometimes.  If you will unplug your USB cable when this happens instead of closing the program down it will respond.  It won't start cutting again but your program will go back to responding.  

Where can you get a serial port cord from?  Come to think of it I don't think my laptop has a serial port to plug it in to. 

thanks

Kim

Kboyte - a lot of what you are being told is all true what we need to do is bring it all home. Give us a call at US Cutter and we will walk you thru the appropriate steps to eliminate what it isn't and find out exactly what it is. Call in 1-888-298-8143 use the support extension - 1 for english and then 2 for cutter support - will get you into our support queue.

We can get you squared away today with a good course of action.