Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Will I have a problem with bubbles on a two layer

I have done several small ones with no problems but after doing a search here I came across what appeared to be some problems with bubbles on the second layer?

It's going to be text only should be white on black 651 around 5" wide by 36" long. I wanted to use reg marks and clear will that be a mistake, but I also read that you cant really use the paper backing since water and that don't mix (wrinkles)

Would appreciate any thought on this....

I've never had any problems with air bubbles on two or three layers using a dry application.  I've had problems on the few occasions that I've used a wet application.  There's a few videos on YouTube on dual layering.  I just cut the registration marks out of the paper application tape on the second & third layer so as to see the registration marks on the layer below and line it up that way.

Joe

thanks Joe I have watched those videos but they don't mention trouble with bubbles

I did a two layer and had some small bubbles. They eventually went away and it looks perfect now. They worked their way out, it took a while. I thought they'd never disappear but they did.

thanks Joe I have watched those videos but they don't mention trouble with bubbles

of course they don't. Just like the guy who posted his bragging video on how he could always do dry with no bubbles but never went in for a close-up to prove it.

Dry with no bubbles is something that takes lots of practice. If you don't feel like you are ready, don't practice on someone else's dime.

thanks,  well it wont really be their dime because unless it looks good to me and I am picky then it doesn't go out until I get it right and I'm not worried I have 100 yards of black & white 651 hopefully I wont use it all up learning  :thumbsup:

when I do double layer wet, I MIST the second layer, NOT the top of the first layer, and have a rag in one hand,wipe away the excess as soon as I squeegee it. Perfect every time. I'm getting ready to do some now,in fact.