Sign in to follow this  
forsalevinylsigns

Shipping Vinyl, where to get squegees in large quantity

Guest Schramm

Jeff,

She is totally right!  You are the one in the wrong here.  Ebay is designed to allow creative minds to sell there items in a safe environment, it is a select few that do not know how to read the rules.  While it is true that Ebay makes money off every sale and every listing, it is also true that they have set rules in place that keep people from doing what you are doing.  Ebay is a privilege and not something that can be taken advantage of just because!  I am sure as a vinyl cutter, sign company or whatever you are you have either corel draw or illustrator so why don't you try making your own stuff?  I mean it is not rocket science!  I am sure it was not your original idea to buy a cutter hoping you could just download images and cut them, or was it.  I report about 5 a week.  Food for thought make your next sale on ebay be your plotter and get a regular job OR start designing your own stuff.  Nobody likes a thief!

Your right. And I'm glad that the attention was brought to me. But speeddoddy won't let it go.

I started last night on some new stuff hopefully to find a market. I'm a college student in the real world, the plotter was my hobby and still is. I have quite a few shops on the customer list to make things for, eBay is not my only market. I'm starting to venture to forum advertising. We'll see how that goes.

Guest Schramm

Well sounds like maybe you are on the right track as from this one thread you have gotten a lot of advertising UNFORTUNATELY none of it is good.  Have your tried posting on your bulletin board at the college?  I could probably make a living cutting for college students as there is 4 close to me!

Since now I know you are young...  Try taking a different approach and maybe design ornamental designs and flourishes or maybe even motifs as I do those but only use my designs in mirrors.  I love the design part the most as when I was in high school we didn't have computers (graduated 1984 - HS got computers 1985) and I never went to college, but instead was a apprentice for my grandfathers company for almost 5 years.  While I understand not everyone has the opportunities that I had I also understand that many have more at there fingertips now then I ever had growing up.  College was not even an option for me as we had no money, I didn't play sports and my grades with the exception of art and math were just ok.  I took what was taught me and had to convert it into something that I wanted to do in life.  You on the other hand have the advantage of a formal education and since you are smart I know you will understand this:

If you have a $20 bill in your wallet and someone steals it and spends it on themselves even though you worked hard for it are you going to get mad?:thumbsup:

Of course you are...

Find your niche and quit stealing the images because my example only had to do with a $20 and not $1000's, get the picture!

Well sounds like maybe you are on the right track as from this one thread you have gotten a lot of advertising UNFORTUNATELY none of it is good.  Have your tried posting on your bulletin board at the college?  I could probably make a living cutting for college students as there is 4 close to me!

Since now I know you are young...  Try taking a different approach and maybe design ornamental designs and flourishes or maybe even motifs as I do those but only use my designs in mirrors.  I love the design part the most as when I was in high school we didn't have computers (graduated 1984 - HS got computers 1985) and I never went to college, but instead was a apprentice for my grandfathers company for almost 5 years.  While I understand not everyone has the opportunities that I had I also understand that many have more at there fingertips now then I ever had growing up.  College was not even an option for me as we had no money, I didn't play sports and my grades with the exception of art and math we just ok.  I took what was taught me and had to convert it into something that I wanted to do in life.  You on the other hand have the advantage of a formal education and since you are smart I know you will understand this:

If you have a $20 bill in your wallet and someone steals it and spends it on themselves even though you worked hard for it are you going to get mad?:thumbsup:

Of course you are...

Find you niche and quit stealing the images because my example only had to do with a $20 and not $1000's, get the picture!

Yes I completely understand. I've never stole nothing in my life, wasn't raised that way. Honestly, graphics design, images, etc wasn't that clear to me until I got my plotter. Now I understand (thanks to your and speeddoggy).

Now it's time to rack my brain on what to do.. ? Thanks for your ideas and approach to help me understand.

Guest Schramm

Jeff,

Look we all have to start somewhere, right?  I think everyone that comes here will agree to that.  I mean with a plotter there is no classes, there is no videos showing you how to use it but with a little help from others you can go a long way.  I don't mind helping as long as you agree to not take items that belong to companies and cut them.  I work a lot and sometimes it may take hours to get back to you with a proper answer however I can see that there may be a little confusion as to what you can and cannot cut.  Speeddoggy was right on the money keeping on you like she did as ebay doesn't need pirated images as foreign companies do that enough.  If you want to email me you can either send me a PM here or my email which is antiquedmirror@gmail.com.  Maybe I can help you get on the right track!

Jeff that is a great offer by Rob - he will get you going on the right track.

also as a little help,  it IS also legal to purchase the vector cds on EBAY and make decals and sell on Ebay. ,  You just have to follow the license agreement on their cds.  But they cannot be brand names,  logos, etc.    There are some cds that have some really nice designs on them,  

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=vector+cds&_sacat=See-All-Categories  

the downside is,  It is not really a niche',  It is just what everybody else is doing.  unless you put your own style to it. 

also as a little help,  it IS also legal to purchase the vector cds on EBAY and make decals and sell on Ebay. ,  You just have to follow the license agreement on their cds.  But they cannot be brand names,  logos, etc.    There are some cds that have some really nice designs on them,  

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=vector+cds&_sacat=See-All-Categories  

the downside is,  It is not really a niche',  It is just what everybody else is doing.  unless you put your own style to it. 

I got the signgold cd with my new Graphtec, a lot of nice designs.

Guest Schramm

In my time of using my plotter I have accumulated well over 100 design books (mostly ornamental) books with the vector cds.  I have bought them from all over the world honestly and the upside is the more you look the more you will find!  The downside the more you look the more you spend!!!