Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Ebay: Completed listings - Sold items only?

I have been wondering if there was a way to search for Completed Listing that Sold only? I googled it and couldn't find anything, I checked on ebay, nothing there.

Then, logic tells me, there is no way to do that, BUT, what if there is a 3rd party app for it?

Just checking out if anybody knows.  ;D

not that i know of - i think if you have a buisness account you can run some diffrent reports

I've often thought that would be a great idea, Unfortunately they show all completed listings and have to scroll through a ton of items. You might see a few green numbers but most of them are red.

I found ebay pulse. it says it should give you a good insight of what is selling and what people are looking for.  I searched for the Stickers & Decals category and all it says is that people are looking for

1.  personalized

2.  car stickers

WOW! That's what I call "wonderful" info.

The "eBay Selling" iPhone app allows you to search completed listings and sort by sold items only - but it doesn't seem to be show all items, and you have no control over the timeframe.  It does let you get an idea of what things sold for though.

That's what I'm talking about! Perfect! I don't have an iPhone, but I have an iPod touch and it works.

Guest manwayvan

You can do this from the main ebay site as well..Really helps to know what to bid for an item..Like Cutters..lol All you need to do is search for something then on the left hand side toward the bottom you will see Show Only and it has a check box for Completed Listings then you can search by price and find the cheapest and the most expensive and get a great idea of a price range to shoot for

Yes, but that will show both, sold and unsold items  ;D I wanted to go for sold items only  ;D

Thank you

Guest manwayvan

Oh sorry I just skimmed over the original post..

Guest Schramm

Hmmmm....  I am going to have to sign up for Terapeak as they have a app for the pad.  I buy and sell things on the go all the time with Ebay.  I have never heard of terapeak but thank you.

Hmmmm....  I am going to have to sign up for Terapeak as they have a app for the pad.  I buy and sell things on the go all the time with Ebay.  I have never heard of terapeak but thank you.

Of course, eBay Motors is $35 / month, and that's where I'm posting my car window decals.  Their free subscription will work for wall words, but not for car decals :thumbsup:

Of course, eBay Motors is $35 / month, and that's where I'm posting my car window decals.  Their free subscription will work for wall words, but not for car decals :thumbsup:

Is it worth it? That's expensive.

Is it worth it? That's expensive.

I'm still trying to convince myself the cost of an eBay store is worth it, and that seems to be a much better value.  It would be worth it if it were my full-time job, but not right now, fo rme.

To be a solid seller on Ebay you must have unique designs. Designs that others don't have. and fair pricing and shipping.  The bigger designs sell really good.  and that is where you will make bigger money.  Your not going to make money off  $3-5 decals.  unless your selling a ton of them.. My Ebay Store business is fulltime-supporting me, at parttime hours.  If you can understand that. 

Guest Schramm

To be honest, it takes FULL TIME DEDICATION to be able to sell on Ebay in that fashion!  Not only do your designs need to be unique but you need to have enough time to make the package look appealing.  For a very very short while I sold silhouettes on Ebay and honestly I did quite well, I sold a ton of skateboard silhouettes in patterns that looked like the skateboarder was jumping (5-8 pieces).  Problem was my mirrors take all my time and the money doesn't even come close to my mirrors.  Thing is I was making my silhouettes from actual pictures and converting them into drawings.  This way I had something unique.  Just because one person does well on ebay doesn't assure that another will.  In order to get 1400 designs on ebay you have to have 1400 designs and about 2 months of dedication.  Once they are on there they are there.  I can tell you that the two words "Wall Words" are copywrited and if you use them on ebay you may not have auctions in the morning.  It takes a rare person with tons of dedication to do what Speeddoggy is doing on ebay.

thanks again, Schramm,  that is exactly why I don't branch out into another field.  shirts etc.  My business is vehicle decals.  I have alot more that I could add, but I just shuffle them around...see what sells the best.  I just try to be very good at the one thing I do, instead of not very good at 4 things.  And this business still allows me to have a life..  and work from my home. It takes alot of time to post over 1400 ads, but once they are up, they just keep on rotating every month. I give the customers a variety to choose from.     :thumbsup:

thanks again, Schramm,  that is exactly why I don't branch out into another field.  shirts etc.  My business is vehicle decals.  I have alot more that I could add, but I just shuffle them around...see what sells the best.  I just try to be very good at the one thing I do, instead of not very good at 4 things.  And this business still allows me to have a life..  and work from my home. It takes alot of time to post over 1400 ads, but once they are up, they just keep on rotating every month. I give the customers a variety to choose from.     :thumbsup:

I can attest to that.  I have about 30 unique designs out there right now, though that is increasing quickly.  I hope to be where you are by the end of the year, as far as number of auctions listed.  I'm doing a lot of rather generic things for now to get my volume up, but my plan is to offer one-off designs in areas with narrow interest.  I've done that now to some extent with clogging and nursing. 

Guest Schramm

Well that is exactly how I run my mirror business.  While I am a decorative artist I am not a glass fabricator, I do not own a CnC router for my custom frames yet as a team we look like one strong unit.  A perfect example of this is the job below:

Hard Rock Cafe - Nashville

I made the mirror Panels (24' long by 44" tall) glass only

I did the finish on the frame - everything else was done by people that I network with.

Now I come out looking like I did all of this but common that would mean I would have to have 50% more equipment, yet this job landed me a contract with Hard Rock Cafe to re-do all the facilities as they come up.  I already did Seattle!

post-0-12986554299338_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554299698_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554300036_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554315431_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554315694_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554315953_thumb.jpg

absolutely beautiful work.  and great clients that you have.  Very rewarding to see those hanging all over the US...and knowing you have a hand in it. 

Guest Schramm

Thanks a lot!  I am actually going there in about 2.5 weeks as I have a vacation planned to go again to Branson and Silver Dollar City, then we are going to the Bourbon Trail and hitting distilleries and we plan to stop off to see the mirrors in place and shoot photos while we are there!  In the last 2 years I have picked up a large number of big dogs who we do all there work for and I really love the challenge!  Bloomingdales NYC is a very big one that I have done as well as the Hilton chain, some work for The Limited/Victoria Secrets (by the way I know the secret!!!) and soon Donald Trump....  You only need to have your ducks in a row and keep up on each promise made even if it costs you money!!!

Thanks a lot!  I am actually going there in about 2.5 weeks as I have a vacation planned to go again to Branson and Silver Dollar City, then we are going to the Bourbon Trail and hitting distilleries and we plan to stop off to see the mirrors in place and shoot photos while we are there!  In the last 2 years I have picked up a large number of big dogs who we do all there work for and I really love the challenge!  Bloomingdales NYC is a very big one that I have done as well as the Hilton chain, some work for The Limited/Victoria Secrets (by the way I know the secret!!!) and soon Donald Trump....  You only need to have your ducks in a row and keep up on each promise made even if it costs you money!!!

That's rather crazy - I live 30 minutes from Branson, and we go to SDC about every two weeks during the summer with our little girl :thumbsup:

If you're looking for niche work for your mirrors, look at Big Cedar/Bass Pro Shops.  Their facilities have a *lot* of custom, artisan-type work, and could be a big market for you.  Bass Pro Shops owns the Big Cedar franchise, and they are based in Springfield, about 45 minutes north of Branson.  They're known for the quality of their decor, and how much they spend on it.

Guest Schramm

Thank you, I was just in Bass Pro Shop about 2 months ago when we were in Branson last to buy some Case knives.  I will check it out and I do plan on bringing a full set of samples with me as Jack Daniels is looking as well.