Sign in to follow this  
George B

How do you stop uncontrollable unrolling of vinyl material

Hey Guys,

As the title suggests, how do you stop the uncontrollable unrolling of vinyl material?

It's not so nice to find a wade of vinyl on the floor when you first walk into the room in the morning. ;D

What do other cutters use to prevent this?

-G

I  think you need to explain that a bit more.  vinyl unrolled from  where?  And how are you putting your vinyl rolls? 

Guest kenya

I'm kinda confused myself.  ;D

5 bucks says he's feeding the vinyl ONTO the rollers on the back of his cutter to freewheel as opposed to putting the roll ONTOP of two rollers to feed.  ;D

Guest manwayvan

If its an issue of you just having the vinyl laying around and it has developed a memory from being rolled all the way then slap some app tape on it to hold it in the roll..Roll it loosely though as you dont want it to be a pain to try to weed and tape when it has a memory of the roll...

Tape rolls with the tape printers are shipped with - leaves no residue and can be used over and over again!

5 bucks says he's feeding the vinyl ONTO the rollers on the back of his cutter to freewheel as opposed to putting the roll ONTOP of two rollers to feed.  ;D

Sorry for the confusion guys. I think Booper cleared it up. I've been feeding the roller through the roll of vinyl instead of setting the roll ontop of the two rollers. ;D  I'll be alright.

HAAAAAH!!!! Pay up suckers!!! lol!  ;D

Only reason I knew that is cuz thats exactly what I did for the first month when I got my first cutter.  ;D

Guest YHC

HAAAAAH!!!! Pay up suckers!!! lol!  ;D

Only reason I knew that is cuz thats exactly what I did for the first month when I got my first cutter.  ;D

;D ;D