Hello everyone - you are going to begin to see me around the forums much more lately so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Tom and I am an employee of US Cutter. I have been assigned to monitor this section of the forum and also provide support and help with anything Graphtec related. I am always here to help, and I will try to be as active as I can be. If you have any questions about anything related to graphtec feel free to pm me. Hello all and I look forward to helping you with anything graphtec related.

Welcome.  Tom,  looks like you won't be very busy on here.  .  after all it's a Graphtec.  Need I say more,,,,  :thumbsup:

Welcome from Michigan

Yea I gotta agree you will get a lot of nap time monitoring the graphtec area - who did you bribe to get that one!

Guest sciondrgn

Welcome.. I foresee other job duties ;D

Gotta love the graphtecs!  :thumbsup:

Maybe you and the may tag guy could become buddies  ;D ;D

post-2082-12986553985253_thumb.jpg

post-2082-12986553995682_thumb.jpg

Guest kenya

Hi TomL.... Welcome from Florida.  ;D

It's great to see a US Cutter presence here.... even if you won't be doing much.  ;D ;D ;D

Hi Tom,

I like to purchase a Graphtec 5000-60 or a Summa D60 Pharos.

Now there is a big price difference which I wonder will do justice.

I have been explained by a Summa techman about the contour cut they call OPOS. All clear.

Can you tell you answer my question below?

This is my current work flow.

I design in Corel X4.

Make one layer with graphic data.

Make one layer with the contour lines.

Make one layer with 4 regmarks.

I convert the Corel .crd file to .PSD with the graphic data and regmarks and send the print file to the printshop.

They print and laminate and send it to me.

It can happen the print file is not exactly the same size as the original file.

This is a problem of solvent vinyl printing.

I open Corel and and switch off the data layer and the regmark and contour layer on.

Send this to Signcut Pro and set the three reg marks and then it contour cuts.

Signcut can compensate for skew and difference in original file and printed file.

I can make the printed files with a larger border so the reading eye will not have any problem at the edge.

From what I understand you can make multiple regmarks to compensate with promaster2?

This will reduce possible size difference?

If my file is 2 x 0.6 meter it should also contour cout at the last cm of the printed file correctly.

This is what Graphtec page says:

ARMS

Hi Tom,

I just got my Graphtec 5000-60 a week ago and so far all is good to go ;D

It is good to know you are there if I have questions!

Mary Ann

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum. I have a simple task for you. Could you find out why the Cutting Plotter Controller will not come up on the Vista 64 bit and what does the new 2.20v firmware correct. I run the FC8000 series. I tried pulling it up on the Graphtec site but no reading results. Thanks.

Welcome from "Down Under" Tom, gee 3 posts in and your swamped with questions.

Joe

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum. I have a simple task for you. Could you find out why the Cutting Plotter Controller will not come up on the Vista 64 bit and what does the new 2.20v firmware correct. I run the FC8000 series. I tried pulling it up on the Graphtec site but no reading results. Thanks.

I will look into this further - I have never heard or seen of issues before with this so I will definitely look into a few things and point your questions in the right direction! I appreciate everyone being so welcoming, and I would agree that Graphtec's are some of the best produced machines on the market and require almost no support.

Granted the Graphtec is a fine machine but just like all other cutters, you still have to get it set up and communicating.I think that will be the biggest problem you see...not problems with the machine itself.

After all, a poor workman always blames his tools.

Ok,

The Summa machine is on its way.

A decision I made for being sure it all works............... :thumbsup:

Paco

Tom,

Welcome from MO.

I'm a proud owner of CE5000-60 which I'm very impressed with. Still learning the in/outs of the Contour cutting part, but I am happy with it.

Ramy