tmates

outlining the state of texas

Good morning,

I am a newbie, and I have looked through a lot of post and I just can't seem to find out how to do what I want to do.  I am sponsoring a team in a BBQ cookoff, and they want me to make their t-shirts. I want to do them using siser easyweed. As everyone knows in TX the summer heat is a killer. Since it is vinyl it can get very hot.

What I need to do is cut the state of Texas, but all I need to do is cut the outline of it, I want the t-shirt to show through the center of the Texas, with the numbers 613 inside.  I did find a very nice Texas here on this site by mark-s here it is the first one

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,21363.0.html

I hope that some nice member could help me.

I'm using inkscape, flexistarter, and signblazers.

Thanks in advance

Tmates

exactly, I do appreciate it so much!

Thanks, that was very nice of you to do it.  :thumbsup:

Can you tell me how you did that, so that if i need to do something similar i would be able to do it instead of getting someone else to do it for me.

Tmates

I did it in coreldraw, but I'm pretty sure inkscape will do the same think, though I,m not sure of the terminology.

I used the file you posted, added a hairline outline, removed the fill, added a contourline to the insideand combined the two to fill, and typed in the text.

I did it in coreldraw, but I'm pretty sure inkscape will do the same think, though I,m not sure of the terminology.

I used the file you posted, added a hairline outline, removed the fill, added a contourline to the insideand combined the two to fill, and typed in the text.

:thumbsup:

Thank you very much for doing this for me.

I will keep playing around with it until I figure this out.

Again, thank you.

Tmates

For coolness factor  why dont you just screenprint the shirts?  I can  print them  fairly cheap and they will be cooler

RD

thank you for your offer. I only need 5 shirts. I just finished cutting them.

Again thank you.

Tmates

ITS PRETTY EASY TO DO HERE IS MINE TOOK LIKE 5 MINS TO DO, I AM NEW AND JUST TOOK SUM TRIAL AND ERROR

I AM FROM ILLINOIS AND 630 AREA CODE

post-7959-12986553983478_thumb.jpg

post-7959-12986553995026_thumb.jpg