Sign in to follow this  
windasm

Store Front Sign Codes

I remember a job superintendent telling me a few years back that we have codes here on how large a sign can be for a store front. Does anybody know who I need to check with about this? I have only done vehicle decals so far but I may have a store front job a coming up.

Thanks for any info.

call city hall or the county courthouse. They would know.

A lot will depend on your city/town ordinances ,historical areas are limited more on signage city building code enforcement or planing commission will be able to answer that

Dan

Do not be surprised however if when you call the city for information, they may and likely will ask for information about your "company". I have a friend who has a business, when I called to find out about requirements, they ascertained that I was not a licensed, bonded sign company and they told me that I could not do any work on my friends business. Given I am cutting my friend a break, when he contacted a locally "approved" sign contractor, the work I was going to do for less than $1000 was going to run him $14k.

I am now looking into the requirements to get bonded and licensed just to appease the city government gods and will still make a ton of money and my friend will save a TON of money by me doing it.

Actually when you start a business that is the first thing you should do  here bonding is not required by the state or city but by some customers on larger jobs. It is not a real costly thing here to get licensed just a few hundred bucks but if caught without license the fines can be 300.00 per day of working without a license.  The amount I am talking about is for a dba type business .

Dan