Hi all silly question but how often should you change the blade on the plotter,and what the diff between 45* blades and other angels  thnx

change the blade when cutting performance decreases - if I can't cut a small object like I normally can - new blade.  I personally use cleancut 60 degree blades for everything.

I also recommend the clean cut blades! I have one and am ordering 2 more as backups!

Do you have a link where i could get the cleancut blades. I;ve having allot of trouble cutting small items

that was a quick reply so change if it dnt cut properly without adjustments...  thnx for help

Dakotagrafx sleeps here!!!! :thumbsup:

And on that note, i take it you just toss the old blades away or is there some way to renew them?

I don't have any, am already stocked up on Graphtec blades.  I have never heard of any one renewing them. 

This may not fix your problem at all,  It can also depend on the cutter and the vinyl you are using. and your adjustments, Blade should barely be seen.  You can actually take your holder out of the carriage and cut the vinyl, if it is going into the backing at all, the blade is out too far and picking the vinyl up.  It also depends on the design your cutting, on how small of detail, I have not seen a Pcut cut real small details.  But a Graphtec will.

never heard of renewing them either - under a microscope you can see the damage done after time and they are so small and relatively cheap just toss them.  the cleancuts last so much longer you won't worry about it